Job

2 months later
Jayden's p.o.v

I woke up to the sound of Mikey playing bass calmly and quietly singing.

"Everything that's weak goes
Through the window
I gently fill my veins
Watching all the doors close
The stars are aligned for me tonight
Something jars my brain
When I close my eyes it goes away

I can't remember
Life without the pain
Without my arms
Around you again
I can't remember
Dreams when I was young
That do not hold
They still don't come

You swore you gave it everything
Sit and watch me glide
Through all the lights that come
The darkness that is life
Just wait here I was told
That all the ghosts of everyone that tried to fly"
He actually sung amazingly.

"You have a nice voice, Mikes." I said getting off the air mattress.

"You heard me?" He sounded embarrassed.

"Yep. Anyway I have to get ready and go, I have a job interview today!" I said looking for clothes. I was trying to get a job at the comic store that we basically lived above. It's called Forbidden planet and it's pretty popular.
(Possibly my favorite store in nyc, besides gothic renaissance and trash and vaudeville.)

"Where?" He said putting his bass on the stand.

"Downstairs" I replied walking to the bathroom to change.

Time skip: end of interview

"Well miss Bradford, you're hired. You show more than enough qualities for this job. You can start today or tomorrow, your choice." Lindsey, my new boss, said handing me a makeshift name tag, a blank one with a label maker printed "Jayden Bradford". Neato.

"I'll start today!" I said excitedly. I put the tag on my black button down shirt.

"I'll have Lilian and Jessie show you the ropes."

Two girls walked in, both noticeably tall but one slightly shorter than the other, the shorter one had beautiful brownish red scene cut hair that make me envious of how perfect her hair was, and the taller one had her hair shaved on the sides and shortish on the top, like revenge Frank Iero but dyed pastel purple blue and hints of Mint.

"I'm Jessie and this is Lilian" the taller one shook my hand and Lilian did the same.

Time skip:end of work day

"Do you guys wanna come to my place and hang out? I live right upstairs with my roommate" I said pointing to the ceiling.

"Hell yeah!" They replied in unison.

Not A long chapter but hey, I updated two days in a row. And Lilian and I are new characters 😂 this will be fun!
I have big plans for this book, that I'm very excited about.
Vote and comment if you enjoy the book so far!
Signing off,
-[j.s]