Chapter 1: Crushed

'Not everything goes your way'

Y/n

Bang! A loud noise was heard in the house. I jolted up, looking around the room to see if there was anything there. I picked up my wooden katana and slowly made my way downstairs to check what was happening. Everyone had left by 6am, but I was still asleep since school started later for me. "Looks like the sound came from the kitchen," I tried to confirm.

I went into the kitchen and was about to swing the katana when I saw two cats sitting beside each other on the kitchen counter, looking guilty as they had dropped a rice cooker.

"Kuro! Shiro! You scared me!" I screamed.

I picked up the rice cooker and trudged back to my room, feeling angry and annoyed. I checked the clock, which showed the date, and realized it was the first day of my second year. The time was 6:50am, and school was only a ten minutes' walk from my house. After getting ready in the bathroom, I walked out of my home.

I looked decent, as everyone says, but not pretty. I had long f/c hair and f/c eyes. My uniform consisted of a buttoned, white, long-sleeved shirt, and a royal blue blazer with the school's crest on the left side. I also wore a ribbon around my collar. My skirt was checkered white and dark blue. As I plugged in my earpieces and headed towards school, I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. It's a prestigious school with a lot of rich people, but I got in with a scholarship, so my fees are covered.

Suddenly, someone tapped my left shoulder, and I turned to see Len beside me. I took out my left earpiece to talk to him.

"Yo," he greeted.

"Ohayo," I greeted back, smiling a bit.

Kagamine Len is my childhood friend, along with Kagamine Rin, both in the Vocaloid group. Despite being friends since childhood, they never distanced themselves from me because I wasn't popular.

Kagamine Len is also my crush.

"Where's Rin?" I asked.

"She's at school. She said she had something to do, so she went ahead."

"Ohh?" I gave him a questionable look.

"Oh yeah, I'm going out later after school with the other Vocaloids. I was wondering if you wanted to come along. They said I could bring someone with me."

"What?! With them? Of course, I'll go! I'm their #1 fan. Of course, I'll definitely go!" I said, my face beaming with excitement.

He smiled, and I thought I sensed a hidden intention behind it, but I dismissed the feeling, thinking I was just being paranoid.

We continued walking to school, and I went to the school board to check our classes. I found my name, Len's, Miku's, and Rin's names in class 2-B. Too bad Gumi is in another class again; I was really hoping we would be in the same class. Maybe next year?

"Looks like we're together again this year," I gave Len a small smile.

We were heading to the school entrance when we saw Rin walking out of the school, looking angry.

"Rin? What happened?" I asked.

"Remember when I told you guys that there was this stalker following me?"

"Eh? I thought I took care of it. He's still stalking you?" Len widened his eyes

Rin explained to us about a stalker who had confessed to her when she found a letter in her locker yesterday, while she was getting ready for the school opening ceremony. Apparently, Mikuo had asked her for help.