Chapter 2: Because of you

'If you're gonna give up, let him go completely'

-----------------------Flasback--------------------
"It's about the outing after school.. I want to confess to my crush.." He said as he blushed.

I suddenly felt a bit hopeful but it all crashed down and my world turned monochrome right after he said that,
------------------------Now---------------------------

Y/n

"I want to confess to Miku!" he blurted out, and his face turned even redder.

Tears that threatened to fall did not drop. I kept my eyes open until they dried up a bit. My heart shattered into pieces. "What the hell..." I thought. Rin looked at me, knowing that I've liked Len for a long time. In fact, I loved him.

To escape reality, I fabricated a lie. "Ah, I suddenly feel nauseous. I'm going to the toilet, okay?" I ran towards the door, opened it, and ran down the staircase. By then, I was already crying. "I was rejected before I could even confess," I thought again.

Rin chased after me, but I was too fast. I fell down the stairs from the third floor, and my whole body ached. I slowly picked myself up and limped to the toilet. I looked at myself in the mirror, realizing how pathetic I was. I should have known this better than anyone. There was no point in even trying. I was broken. I took my time crying in the toilet, wiped away my tears of pain, and walked out.

Ignoring the pain in my ankles and the people looking at me, I headed straight into class. Luckily, it was empty. I put on my earphones and slept until lunch ended.

Rin woke me up, telling me it was time for Japanese class. I nodded, although my head still hurt. I noticed that my eyes were not red anymore when I looked at myself through the camera, but Rin still looked at me, worried.

*Le timeskip*

At the end of the classes, I told them I had something to do and needed to go back home. They said okay, and I changed my shoes at my locker. I tried to walk, then suddenly tripped. Everyone looked at me, and someone offered their hand. It was Gumi, and I accepted her hand while smiling.

"Are you okay? Your ankle looks bad," Gumi noted.

"Yeah, I can walk fine. I'll just put some ice on it. It can't be too bad," I replied, still smiling.

The worried Gumi offered to walk me home. Only then did I accept, knowing that walking home alone might lead to something happening to me. Gumi attempted to make me laugh with all sorts of things.

I laughed uncontrollably at all her jokes. Tears welled up in my eyes. Then I realized something.

"Gumi, is it alright for you not to join the outing?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, I don't really like hanging out with Miku...," Gumi replied.

"Eh? Why? You guys are a group, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I like her, but she has a playgirl aura...," she continued with jokes.

Soon after that, I arrived at my doorstep. Gumi waved goodbye to me, which I reciprocated. I watched as she left, but she turned to me.

"It's alright to get rejected by Len, but don't give up. I'm cheering for you! If you want to give up, let him go completely!" Gumi shouted before winking.

"WHAT THE...?" I blushed and screamed at her, but she was already gone. I sighed and opened the door to the two-story house. I softly said, "I'm back," and the cats came to greet me. They rubbed against my legs.

I gave them their cat food and went up to my bedroom. After I placed my bag on the chair of my study table, I lied down on my bed. I felt worn out from today's events, and my eyes suddenly teared up a bit. I imagined a picture of Len smiling away, and I was trying to catch him. Feeling even more tired, I went to sleep.

The door opening and my parents saying that they were back woke me up. I slowly sat up and got off the bed. I changed my clothes but didn't take a bath yet. Limping downstairs, my mother announced that she was going to make some Sukiyaki, Yakitori, and some Sushis.

My stomach growled in hunger, and my parents laughed. I helped my mother cook, and then we ate dinner. I played around with my food, pondering over changing my appearance a bit. My mother suddenly interrupted.

"Y/N, I noticed this since just now but are you okay? Did you fall down? Your ankle looks quite bad," she asked.}

"Uh, yeah, I did...," I replied.

"Go to the hospital tomorrow," my dad said. I nodded, and he added that he would take a leave and come with me. I felt happy about that.

"What time are b/r/n and s/r/n coming back?" I asked in curiosity.

"Uh, around 7?" Mom replied.

I checked the time, and it showed 6.30 pm. Excitedly, my mother remembered a funny incident that happened at work that day. We all laughed together, with me laughing until my stomach hurt, and my eyes were tearing up. We made the joke even funnier by adding some 'What if...'s.