Chapter 23: The Promise

A/N: This is when Len and you somehow knew that you both fall in love with each other. Again. I'll explain why is it again for Len in this chapter not a little bit for you.

The chapter will start in a flashback, don't be confused!

It shall be written in 3rd person for the whole thing because I'm lazy kek

"Happy 8th Birthday! Len!" The crowd resounded.

Len was already 8 years old and he invited the rest of the Vocaloid team with Y/n to his house for a birthday party. Y/n didn't think much of it but decided to go anyway. She stood around, smiling while she wished Happy Birthday towards Len. She was reserved but she was much more open compared to last time.

After the birthday cheering, she invited herself to eat the cake that was prepared.

'That's probably banana flavoured.' Thought Y/n as she looked at the yellow coloured cake in front of her with some white creams by the side. There were small chocolate balls on the surface of the cake and in the middle was the number 8, nicely written. The cake looked fancy and by the side one can see there were dark and light coloured yellow layered one by one. Y/n took a slice of the cake and decided to gobble it up.

"There's something beside your mouth." Len noted and took a tissue. He wiped it off and smiled. Y/n just blushed.

"Thank you." She muttered.

Y/n, after finished her cake, she looked at the surroundings of the house. The living room is extensive and there was a kitchen. Y/n looked up and figured that this was a 3 floor house. She went up to Mrs Kagamine and decided to ask.

"Aunty, is this a 3 floor house?"

"Yes." She nodded and smiled.

"Why a 3 floor house?"

"The rooms are on the second floor and there is a rooftop at the 3rd level." Mrs Kagamine smiled again.

"Can I go up?" Y/n brightened up.

"Yes, but be careful." Mrs Kagamine warned.

Y/n went up to the rooftop and looked at the skies.

"Uwah! The skies, they're so vast and blue!" She commented and smiled widely.

Without thinking, Y/n started humming to a song. She didn't know the title but she heard it from someone. She closed her eyes and let the wind blow into her hair.

Meanwhile, Len noticed that Y/n was gone already. He looked around for Y/n but didn't find her anywhere. He starts to get worried and asks his mother where Y/n was.

"Worried?" She asked. Len only could nod.

"Upstairs, at the rooftop." She replied and smiled.

Not wasting time, Len went up to the rooftop. When he opened the rooftop door, the first thing he noticed was the vast blue skies with forests around. Their house is located next to a road but not much cars would pass through. When he looked in front, he say Y/n standing there.

"There you are!" Len said, startling Y/n.

Y/n was annoyed because her peace was disrupted by an unexpected visitor. She couldn't really recognise the voice because of the wind. When she looked behind, she blushed. Knowing that Len was her crush, it's more terrible because she had to cope with this situation. She didn't know one thing of course.

Len would return her affections any time.

She looked to the front again and started humming. Len went to the railing and approached her. He listened to Y/n's humming and he recognised the song then. It was Untitled Song. Len joined in with her humming and harmonised with her. After finishing the whole song, they looked at each other and smiled.