Chapter 6: Confrontation and Confirmation

'Don't worry so much.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Who knew my day would turn this way?' I wondered. I was quite happy when Kaito was by my side the whole time. 'If only Kaito was my boyfriend...' I slapped myself when i realised what I was thinking and blushed madly. Maybe the colour of the blush is too deep for my face to even seen. 'Have I fallen for Kaito?' I asked myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD

It's been three full weeks ever since that incident and they have arrived in the month of May. Their examinations will come the week after this one. Len and Y/n haven't spoken a word towards each other because Y/n felt embarrassed.

Y/n wasn't exactly embarrassed. She just didn't know how to face Len so for three full weeks she avoided Len and even if they're alone, they would just pretend to not know each other.

As for Len, he tried to strike up a conversation with Y/n to assure her that he was fine with it but everytime he tried, Y/n would always avoid him. He was really clueless on how to solve their friendship problem. He considers this as his fault though but it isn't entirely his fault because Y/n avoided him too. He cared too much about his friendship with Y/n, he didn't want to stop being friends with her. Then, an idea came to his mind.

*Y/n's P.O.V*
We were having Maths lesson and it was the first period of the day. I'm feeling quite scared because the examinations are next week. 'Guess I'll do fine.' I thought. I've always been second in level with Len being first. Rin being third though, surprisingly.

Of course, I'm avoiding the Vocaloids. As they went to their special area I went to the rooftop and during lunchtime again I went. 'Oh yeah, today's Len and Miku's 1st monthsary. Oh well, today's a different day.' I noticed. As I stared into the skies, the song Electro Saturator by Miku came into my mind. I began singing it unknowingly as I recollect my days before I met Rin and Len.

Iro toridori no keshiki potsuri
Sawagashii no ni boku wa hitori
Ookiku natta oto wa hibiki
Fui ni te wo hiku kimi to tomo ni

Itsuka furi kaeru kana sonna
Kyou mo kitai shitanda SACHUREITAA

I began singing softly as my foot softly tapped along with the rhythm.

I was always alone. Even though we're childhood friends, I met Len only when entered grade school when I was 6 years old at least. I was the youngest in the school because I had a smart brain and I could enter school early. Somewhere around middle of the year, Rin and Len transferred in. They transferred into my class of course. I didn't care about it though. I remained silent and my eyes were fixed on the book I was reading.

"Okay, you guys can sit beside Y/n." I heard the teacher said.

They went ahead and sat down. I still didn't look at them.

"Hey, what's your name?" Len asked.

I remained silent and quiet. I still didn't say a word. Of course, it's not that I didn't want friends. I realised, I'm at my happiest when I'm alone. I don't have to face the reality or the lies that will come at me. Of course, it all changed when I met them.

Len snatched the book I was reading.

"GIVE IT BACK!" I shouted at him frustrated.

"What is with this book? It's a higher level than ours!" Len said shocked.

"Of course, only I can understand it." I responded, full of pride.

"What's with you acting all high and mighty?" Len asked annoyed. I didn't reply.