Ch. 10 - We never leave our comrades

'' Little girl? ''  

I slowly raised my head and looked at the closest of the ninjas that were approaching with tears in my eyes. Then suddenly a vicious smirk appeared on my face. I pulled my fans out of my back pocket, opened them and concentrated my chakra. '' Wind release! '' I swung them through the air and two waves of wind hit the ninja. The next one already got attacked by a swarm of Shino's bugs.  

I quickly turned around, concentrated Wind release chakra on the edges of one of my fans and threw it in the direction of another ninja that tried to attack me from behind. The sharp edges ended up in his stomach. He staggered for a few steps back with surprise and I quickly began approaching.  

'' You're just a little genin... You... '' he began and then shut up again.  

I concentrated chakra in my hands and then hit two spots on one of his arm. He tried to attack me with a kunai that was in his other one but I quickly blocked it with my fan and then send a strong kick, powered with chakra in the place where it hurt the most. His eyes widened, then he slowly collapsed on the ground.  

I grinned with enthusiasm. '' One down, five to go! ''  

Suddenly I felt how a kunai ended up in my leg and screamed with pain. I staggered for a few steps and looked down, noticing the blood that quickly began spreading across my leg. Then I looked at the ninja that threw the kunai at me. He was standing a few meters away and smirking.  

'' You were lucky, kid... You're still just weak little genin... There's no way you can beat us in a real fight, '' he murmured.  

I blinked because I felt how everything around me got blurred for a second. This wasn't good. I already lost a lot of blood... And at this rate...  

Maybe I really didn't think this plan through to much. I should've listened to Shino that said it was stupid.  

I felt how the kunai cut my stomach then and my little white dress got stained with blood.  

Suddenly my whole world was beginning to turn in to pain. There was nothing but pain. Everything was slowly fading away... It seemed easier to just give up but I wasn't going to let go like that. I couldn't just die because of bloodloss. I had a dream and that was going to keep me going.  

I actually slapped myself and also pretty hard. The ninja in front of me stared at me with disbelief when I yelled: '' Pull yourself together woman! ''  

Slapping myself actually made me concentrate. I slowly narrowed my eyes at the ninja in front of me and then slowly looked around. Shino already got rid of two of them so there were only three others, but he looked tired and beat up. I had no idea for how long he was still going to last.  

I had to try a technique or they were going to kill us. There was no doubt in that.  

I opened the only fan that I still had and then slowly raised my other hand, shaky and completely covered with blood. I looked down at the red puddle I was standing it before I raised my head again. I concentrated the remaining of my chakra and did a handseal. '' Flower prison: Deadly roses. ''  

I felt how chakra got drained out of me and my eyes that tried to close but I kept concentrating and watching the flower stems, covered with thorns  that suddenly rose from the ground and began wrapping around the bodies of the enemy ninjas. Still closed black flowers appeared between them. When they slowly opened, revealing beautiful black roses, and poisonous mist came out of them.

I saw how the ninjas began coughing. Then they started to gasp for air. After their eyes emptied they slowly fell on the ground, one after another.