Ch. 17 - Memories: The girl with pink hair and the Hana

- 3 years ago  

The bright sun was shining on top of the forest. The light was shining on the small puddles of water that were everywhere, together with the drops, falling from the trees. It rained yesterday and that was why the air was a little bit colder and smelled a lot like wet pines.

But still, someone didn't seem to notice. There was a little girl, standing in front of a tree and punching it, without stopping and completely ignoring the bruises that were already forming on her knuckles and hands. She was wearing a simple white dress with short sleeves, her pink hair were cut a little bit above her shoulders and her pink eyes were sparkling with excitement. It was pretty strange for someone to be so excited to train. But the little girl was different. She was so happy because she managed to throw a punch about 50 times without collapsing on the ground from exhaustion.  

I cheered when I reached the number 60 and then finally took a few steps away from the tree that had a huge mark on the place where I was punching it. Just then I realised how tired I was and fell back on my ass, grinning and wiping the sweat of my forehead. '' I'm getting better at this things! '' I said to myself. '' Soon I'll be just as good as Naruto! And he's the worse one in the class when it comes to fighting. Well, if you don't count me of course. But I'm at least the third best at writing tests and similar things. I really have no idea how somehow the Uchiha and Sakura always manage to beat me... '' Suddenly my eyes sparkled and I clenched my fist. '' I know! I need to step up my game! ''  

With that I stood up again, ran to the tree I was punching and raised my fist, yelling: '' Haruno's deadly punch! '' I added chakra to my fist. My hand flew right through the wood. Then the tree slowly collapsed. I was standing next to it and grinning to myself. '' I'm so awesome! ''  

That was when I suddenly heard a twig crack. I slowly raised my head and looked around with confusion. What was that? I really hoped it wasn't a shark... Or a giant fish... I shivered at the memory of the Ninja mountains. Iruka took us there last month. I still had nightmares about that place every night.  

Then I laughed. '' Oh, wait. Fish and sharks live in water! Hahahaha... '' I kept laughing for no real reason until I suddenly heard another twig crack and someone's groaning. I sensed the chakra of the person and turned around. My eyes instantly widened. '' Oh my god... ''  

The thing that just stumbled out of the forest was a woman that looked around twenty five years old. She had long, wavy hair that had a strange green shade. But who am I to judge anyway... I mean, I was the miracle... Well, the second miracle that got born with pink hair. 

The woman's eyes were blue. She had a crown on her head that was made of different flowers and she was wearing a long white dress with long sleeves that was completely stained with blood. Her whole body was covered with cuts and deep wounds.  

I was staring at the blood with wide eyes... So much blood... I've never seen it in real life. Everyone said that this was also part of being a ninja but it was so much different than I expected when I saw it on my own. The pain, the suffering... All that was obvious on the lady's face. And the wounds looked so real... 

'' A-Are yo-you okay? '' I nervously stuttered, quickly rushing closer.  

The lady seemed surprised when I quickly rushed to her and made her lean on my back. '' I'm sorry... I can't... It hurts to walk... '' she seriously said.  

'' Don't worry, lady! '' I said. My eyes stopped on her right leg that was facing a strange position. I flinched at the sight of it. Was... Did someone brake it? I quickly looked away and dragged the lady to a nearby tree. I helped her sit down and she leaned on the tree, closing her eyes. '' I'm sorry! What can I do to help you? I'll go call medical ninjas! ''