Ch. 21 - Dear insanity

'' Okay... Are we actually learning something or just having a staring contest? '' I curiously asked, tossing my head on one side.  

Kurenai's eye began twitching and a vain was popping out of her forehead because of anger. We were on the training ground where our team usually trained. Once we came here she said that in the five days we will be together she'll try to teach me three different genjutsus. We were here for a few hours now, supposedly the Demonic illusion: Thousands painful deaths. This was the genjutsu she used on me during her test when I first ended up on team 8. When I thought that there were kunais flying in my direction from everywhere.  

At first I wasn't sure what was the point in that. The genjutsu seemed pretty easy and not even dangerous. But Kurenai told me that it was called Thousands painful deaths because once you mastered it you were able to make an illusion about any weapon of your choice, killing your opponent. And the trick also was that once your enemy was trying to miss the weapons, like kunais, flying in it's direction, you put a real one between them.  

Kurenai then took a deep breath, calming down again. '' Okay then... Why don't you just tell me how do you learn genjutsus? ''  

'' Oh, that? Why didn't you just ask? '' I said with a grin, forming on my face. '' You said that this genjutsu isn't really complicated so it shouldn't be to hard. Can you show me the handseals again? ''  

Kurenai seemed a little confused but she did what I asked. I carefully narrowed my eyes and watched her, memorising the handseals. There weren't to many of them so I didn't really have problems with that.  

'' Okay... You see, I have a special method of learning genjutsus. They require big chakra control and to make them easier I just do them through my fans, '' I told to my sensei, nodding.  

She slowly narrowed her eyes. '' So you understand it now? ''  

'' Let's find out, ha? '' I pulled one of my two fans from my back pocket and looked at Kurenai with a grin. '' For now I'm going to do it without the real weapon between the fake ones. I threw my fan in the air and performed the required handseals. I never really had much troubles with learning genjutsus. But I had my own way of doing them and that's why I didn't understand the way Kurenai was trying to teach one to me earlier.  

I caught my fan again and opened it, revealing the flowery pattern that was shining with a bright pink colour. '' Demonic illusion: Thousands painful de- '' Then I remembered that Kurenai told me that you were supposed to change the word death with the name of the weapon you wanted to have in your illusion. '' I mean, senbon. ''  

The next second fake senbon already began shooting out of everywhere and in Kurenai's direction. She blinked with surprise, then she quickly disappeared and reappeared behind me, smiling. '' Good job! You really learned it fast! Now we're going to go to the next genjutsu. ''

***

It was already pretty late in the evening when Kurenai finally decided that the training for today was over. The second genjutsu she taught me was a little bit more trickier than the first one and that was why I needed more time to learn it. I was still feeling pretty excited about tomorrow because she said we were going to try to come up with a genjutsu that'll be connected to my Shi no hana.  

Right now I was slowly walking down the streets of Konoha, dragging my feet behind me. The sun was disappearing on the horizon and I was making my way to the hotel Gaara, Kankuro and Temari were in. I still needed to at least say hello to Gaara.  

I sighed and grabbed my two ponytails. '' I had no idea that learning genjutsus could be so tiring... Kurenai sensei is crazy, '' I murmured to myself. '' When I didn't get the genjutsu right she forced me to meditate for three hours. Then she beat me up because I fell asleep during that. I mean, what did she expect?! '' I shook my head and rolled my eyes.