Shatter Me

AN: The song Juvia performs is Shatter Me – Lindsey Stirling ft Lzzy Hale, if you want to hear it.

#

Juvia could feel her hands sweating as she finished lacing her skates and tried to look at herself in a mirror; it was the first time she was wearing the dress Lucy helped pick. She never worn white before for her performances and she was feeling a little self-conscious, checking on her make-up as well and making sure her hair was right.

For the first time people she actually liked would watch her perform. Usually, she wouldn't even mind the audience, already used with it – she had performed since she was fourteen. A decade later faces became irrelevant, but earlier that day Lucy, Cana and Lisanna had texted her telling how excited they were to see her.

It made Juvia feel nauseated.

Having friends believing in her was too new for her, having had only one friend for most of her life she was trying to get used to the idea of support.

The other girls who were supposed to be in her team barely looked at her, the only one who spoke to her was her coach and only to give her directions – Juvia knew she was the best option to win the medal and Juvia needed to keep her scholarship.

She was going through her routine inside her mind when she noticed the girl being called to perform was the one who would go before her, so the blunette got up and after having another look, she went to stand by the rink.

Juvia looked to the crowd on the bleachers, searching for her friends and her eyes watered when she unmistakably found them: it was hard not to when there were large signs with her name, some even had glitter on them. No one ever did that before.

"Are you alright?" One of the contestants asked her.

Juvia smiled. "Never better, thank you." She couldn't see very well who was who, but it was rather a large party who went to see her. The blunette barely notice when the figure skater left the rink after receiving a round of applause, but paid attention to the scores – not bad.

"And now, a contestant from Magnolia University: Juvia Lockser." She heard; Juvia raised her chin, pulled her shoulders back and entered the rink with a new resolve to win. She wouldn't let those signs be for nothing.

#

Juvia skated to the middle of the rink while the crowd clapped and cheered. She went in with a large smile and stopped at the position she would begin her choreography: arms up, facing her right and her left foot just a bit behind the right. She waited for the song to start and just as the melody began, she forgot everything else and focused on the performance, moving her arms slowly.

I pirouette in the dark

I see the stars through me

Tired mechanical heart

Beats until the song disappears

The moment the music started to pick it up, she started to skate forward to get the impulse for her moves, performing a perfect axel to her excitement.

Somebody shine a light

I'm frozen by the fear in me

Somebody make me feel alive

And shatter me