The Storm

AN: What three months without update? ~whistles guiltly~

#

Gray looked at his girlfriend, worried as they sat on a booth, the detective across from them, carefully watching Juvia's reaction but anyone could see she was shaken up. She was pale and taking it hard, her hands were shaking under while he held one of them under the table.

"So, Miss Lockser." Detective Ryan seemed unmoved by Juvia's reaction. "Can you tell me what the note means?"

Juvia took a glance at the paper on the table – it was clearly just a copy but it held the same weight as if it was the real thing.

"No." Juvia shook her head, her voice barely a whisper.

"No?" The Detective frowned. "Your name is on this note, from a girl who killed herself and you know what pushed for it to happen and-"

"I won't tell anything to you." Her voice was a bit louder, then.

He raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

"Because when Juvia went to tell you what happened, you did nothing!" Her stunned state seemed to be leaving her and filling her with anger. She let go of Gray's hand. "Instead, you bullied me so no, I won't tell you anything and if you are here to make threats-"

The Detective seemed genuinely confused, then. "Wait, wait, wait. Miss Lockser, I've never even seen you until today."

"You, Oak Town police." She practically spat the words.

"You went to the police with whatever information you have, before?" Detective Ryan seemed intrigued. Juvia got up and didn't leave only because Gray was in the way. "No, don't. Whatever happened, Miss Lockser, I had nothing to do with it." He told her. "I transferred there just four months ago."

Gray checked the man out and he seemed genuine enough and Juvia was too shocked to think straight.

"Juvia, take a breath." Gray wasn't really used to be the voice of reason but Juvia was busy freaking out – with reason, of course, but freaking out either way. "Sit down. Let's hear him." He asked her gently. "Please."

The blunette hesitated but sat back closer to him and her hand met his on her lap – they were so close he could feel her trembling. Gray glanced at the Detective and he took his cue.

"Miss Lockser, I'm new at the precinct." He told her. "Whatever happened, I wasn't there."

Juvia snorted. "So what? If I tell you what happened, you will actually do something, instead of doing what your colleagues did to me?" She shook her head and got up again. "I can't do this right now." She said and gently pushed Gray's legs away so she could leave the booth.

Gray watched as she walked towards the door of the diner and he looked at the Detective. "Are you here to try to harass her?"

The dark-skinned man raised his eyebrows. "I don't even know what I would harass her for. I am here for answers."

Gray narrowed his eyes but the man seemed truthful enough. "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow afternoon." Detective Ryan informed him and took a cart from inside his coat, giving it to Gray. "Call me if she wants to talk." Gray stared at him in suspicion and the older man rolled his green eyes. "I was never here to arrest her, kid. Like I said, I just want answers 'cause that note is unusual."

Gray took the card. "I'll talk to her."

"Alright." Detective Ryan nodded and Gray left, stopping by the table with his very confused friends just to grab his coat before he ran outside, after his girlfriend.