Fight Song

AN: After some drama last chapter, let's have something lighter. :3

The song's Juvia performs to is called Fight Song by Rachel Platten

#

"Oh, there he is! Gray!" He heard from behind him and he looked over his shoulder and saw his mother alongside with his father coming his way.

"Hey." Gray turned around and welcomed his parents. "You are right on time."

"I've never been to a Figure Skating competition before." Silver informed his son and patted him on the back and his wife stepped in and hugged their son. "Does your girl know we are here?"

"Yes, I wouldn't trap her like that." Gray said. "Just don't be two weirdoes this weekend, okay?"

Once he knew Juvia's next performance would be a town next to his parents', he asked Juvia what she thought about inviting them to watch it and meet them. He was careful while talking to her, knowing she was still a bit freaked out about telling him about her past.

"Are you sure they would want to go?" Juvia asked while she was packing. "And that they would want Juvia to stay at their house?"

"Yes." Gray snorted. "They insisted on it, actually. I told them I would ask you about it. If you'd rather not, just say the word and I'll tell them we are leaving after your performance."

Juvia had hesitated but shook her head. "No. Juvia wants to meet them and if they say it's alright..."

"They do." He put his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck. "By the way, I already apologize for whatever they say to embarrass me. Or you. But mostly me."

The blunette giggled and stopped packing for a moment to put her hand on his hair. "Juvia accepts your apologies already."

"We are never weird, son." Silver pretended to be very offended.

"I take offense at that." Ur followed her husband's cue. "I intend to be the best version of myself this weekend – we need to keep this one, right, Silver? I fear you won't find another one, you are too picky."

"He is, isn't he?" Silver looked down to her. "I wonder how he got her in the first place."

"Oh, remember what he told us? She was the one who asked him out." Ur told him and he laughed. "Otherwise he'd still be his frowny self." She did and impression of him that made Gray roll his eyes.

"Alright, I need you two to tone all this" he waved their way "down. Don't embarrass me."

"Don't worry, kid." Silver chuckled and put his hand on his son's shoulder. "We like to tease you, but we won't actually do anything." Gray looked at him in mistrust. "Now, shall we go?"

#

"This place is rather crowded." Silver commented while applauding the contestant as she left the rink.

"It's the finals." Gray told him, also applauding. "She's one of the favorites to win, according to Juvia."

"Oh. It was quite good, right?" The older man guessed.

"It was." Gray agreed begrudgingly. "Juvia is next, she has to, at least, be just as good. She is also a favorite to win and I've seen what she had prepared and if she does everything like she's supposed to, she will."