Ghosts

Gray had his arm around Juvia's waist as she talked to his brother, excited about her finals in two weeks. Since he didn't know much about the moves they were discussing, he decided to stay quiet and pay attention at how they were acting.

After the introduction, Juvia had been her lovely self, trying to make Lyon feel less awkward once they explained he was a fan of her and couldn't believe she was there. She had blushed, thanked his brother and told him they were about to order and they should return to the booth. Gray asked for a moment to talk to his brother and Juvia nodded, going to the booth to wait for them.

"What the fuck, Gray?" Lyon hissed. "I start to pour my heart out and you didn't stop me!"

"Well, excuse me if I had no idea you were about to tell me you have a crush on my girlfriend!" Gray hissed back.

"I didn't know she was your girlfriend!"

"And I didn't know you had a crush on her." Gray pointed out and Lyon groaned.

"This is so fucked up."

"Yeah, a little bit." Gray put a hand on the bridge of his nose. "Let's go, otherwise she'll suspect something is wrong." He took a step before he felt his brother's hand on his forearm and when he looked up, Lyon's face was as red as it could be.

"Don't... don't tell her what I said."

"Trust me, I don't want for her to know about this clusterfuck." Gray snorted. "Come on, we'll talk about this later."

Lyon sat across of them and they had chatted. It was clear his brother was in love by the way he listened every single word Juvia spoke, eyes sparkling and soft. Gray could feel an ugly feeling inside his chest growing more and more.

He wasn't a jealous man, never were. Even after Daphne, he hadn't felt jealous since he started dating Juvia. One might think he'd be crazy with it after being cheated on, but oddly he felt confident; she was one of the prettiest women he knew and Gray was aware people looked. As long no one touched or said anything improper, he was fine.

Until his brother.

They never even liked the same types of women before: whenever Gray was into a blonde girl, Lyon was into a red-haired. If Lyon liked quiet girls, Gray liked the sassy ones. Their crushes never clashed, it was something Gray never thought could happen.

Perhaps it was their silly sibling competition, but all Gray wanted was to either pull Juvia away from Lyon's sight or just make-out in front of him so hard his brother knew she was taken.

Have not decided what was the best course of action, Gray sulked. He knew it wasn't very mature, but it was what happened.

Lyon excused himself to go to the bathroom and the moment he was out of earshot, Juvia turned his way. She had a frown on her face and she put a hand on his cheek.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing." He looked away and it made her hand slip away from his face.

They stayed in silence for a few moments. "You seemed in a good mood when we left your apartment. Did... uh, did Juvia do anything wrong?"

Gray returned his gaze at her and saw she had moved a little farther away from him, looking down in embarrassment and he wanted to kick himself for making her doubt herself.

"No. Shit, Juvia." He put his arm around her shoulder and brought her back. "I'm sorry, I'm just being an asshole." She looked up, and Gray could see doubt in her eyes. Sighing, he decided to tell her the truth, as much as he hated to admit, but he wouldn't mention Lyon's confession, of course. "I'm jealous."