Wish You Were Here

"Don't cry. I hate it when you cry." Gray kissed the top of his girlfriend's head while they hugged. He was leaving for his semester abroad and his flight was in just a couple of hours. "You promised you wouldn't cry."

He had spent two weeks with his parents and the last week before traveling, with his friends and Juvia, and even being prepared, it didn't stop her from cling onto him.

"Juvia isn't crying." She sniffed and looked up and even though she wasn't crying, she was close enough. "Remember what we agreed on?" He nodded but the blunette reminded him anyways. "Texts everyday even if it's just to say hello."

"Yeah."

Juvia tip toed and gave him a peck on the lips. "Calls every couple of days, at least."

"I know." Gray agreed. "Six months will be over before we know it."

"No, it won't." She sighed. "But we will make do."

"We will." Gray kissed her. "Now remember what I asked you to do?"

"Yes." Juvia chuckled. "Juvia is forbidden to get into trouble."

"Please." He groaned. "I can't be in another country while you are in trouble here."

"Juvia doesn't get into trouble." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "You, on the other hand..."

"I have no idea of what you are talking about." Gray chuckled when Juvia pulled him to a kiss.

'This is the last call for flight 413 from Magnolia to Vistarion. Please, head to gate 7B.'

Gray sighed once they broke the kiss. He touched her forehead with his. "I have to go."

"I know." Juvia whispered, eyes closed. "Call me when you get there."

"I will." He kissed her one more time before he grabbed the backpack he had put on the floor next to his feet. "Bye." He gave her a quick kiss and went to the line to get into the restricted area of the airport.

"Good-bye." Juvia whispered.

Right before it was his turn to get in, he looked in her direction and saw Juvia wave slowly and he did the same, missing her already.

#

"How was your first day?" Juvia asked and Gray groaned as he looked at his phone, where he was having a videoconference with his girlfriend.

"I hate first days." He said, lying on his bed – he had been in Vistarion for a week, then and he was ready to go to bed, but not without calling Juvia, like she insisted, after his first day. "I don't know anyone here so it sucked. At least the classes were alright."

"You have to be open to make new friends, Gray-sama." Juvia chuckled and smiled, making his heart flutter. Damn it, he missed her already. "I know you rather have our friends from Magnolia with you, but since you can't, you should get to know people while you are there."

"Argh." He complained. "I hate knowing people. They never meet our expectations."

"Well," Juvia tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ear and offered him a sweet smile "you got to know Juvia. Did she meet your expectations?"

Gray snorted. "You are different."

"How so?" She raised one eyebrow.

"You were different from the first moment I met you." He admitted. "I had no idea why, then."