Boundaries

AN: Let's see how our babies are doing? :)

#

Gray couldn't remember the last time he had been that content with his life, not in the past six months that was for sure. After Daphne had cheated on him, his mood only improved when he was with his friends and he had a permanent frown on his face.

Since he met Juvia, though, it got much easier to smile.

It had been four days since their first date/first kiss and he was looking more and more forward to when they get to meet. They had lunch together with their friends at the university's cafeteria – she always made sure to sit next to him and he secretly enjoyed that a lot – and he visited her at the diner when it was time for her break.

Oh, how much he enjoyed those breaks. Gray had forgotten how great it was a new relationship, when they were still learning what the other liked and he was definitely enjoying finding out what she liked.

Juvia was like no one else he ever met, she was so responsible and so free at the same time, she'd make him forget about anything bothering him by just smiling.

Between them, he was the one holding back to try not get too involved, but by the way his heart beat faster when she was around, he was going to fight harder. But maybe he'd learn to stop to fight.

His phone buzzed and he couldn't fight the smile that spread on his face once he saw her name on the screen and opened her text.

From: Juvia

12:07: Are you even giving me a clue of where are we going?

12:07: I really need to know what to wear.

Gray grinned and shook his head, he had kept it a secret to where he was taking her on their second date and she wasn't taking it well.

To: Juvia

12:08: We'll go have lunch first, but nothing fancy in either place.

From: Juvia

12:09: That doesn't narrow it down at all.

He chuckled, imagining her pout in frustration and then received another text.

12:09: Okay, then. Should I wear pants or a dress? Tell me that at least.

Oh, he didn't even hesitate to type back an answer, her legs were fantastic.

To: Juvia

12:10: Dress. A dress would be nice.

Her answer came fast.

From: Juvia

12:10: I knew you'd came early to the diner for the view. ;)

12:11: Those dresses are very short.

To: Juvia

12:11: You say short; I say the right length.

From: Juvia

12:12: I'll be ready in twenty minutes.

To: Juvia

12:12: I'll be there in half an hour, don't need to hurry or anything.

Gray went to take a shower and get ready for their date; he hoped she liked where he was taking her.

#

The moment he parked in front of Magnolia's Aquarium, Juvia looked confused and Gray suddenly felt nervous about his choice. She told him about how she used to go there every week until school started months before and he thought she'd like to come back.