Old and New Friends

"Be nice, alright?" Juvia told Gajeel when she saw the group of friends not too far away from them at the Magnolia's Fair and the tall man rolled his eyes. Juvia decided to bring Gajeel to meet them in an attempt to socialize him a bit more; he spent all his time at the junkyard and it wasn't good for him.

"I won't promise anything." He told her, grumpy as always.

Juvia stopped in front of him and put a hand on his chest to halt him. "Gajeel-kun." His red eyes focused on her. "Juvia really likes them; they are very nice and funny. And it would mean a lot to me if you and Gray-sama got along." Gajeel opened his mouth to say something but she cut him before he could say a word. "Juvia is not asking for you two to become best friends forever, just to be polite. I... I really like him. The past few weeks have been great and if this... whatever it is Gray-sama and I have, is to go forward, I need you two to at least be nice to each other."

Gajeel stared at her for a moment. "Last time I didn't trust my gut when you introduced me to Bora and I let..." He gritted his teeth. "I will be the judge if I'll be nice or not."

The blunette sighed. "Bora wasn't your fault, it was mine. I am the one who didn't see what he was."

"But when you introduced him to me, I knew there was something shady about him and-"

Juvia shook her head. "Thinking about it won't change anything. The past is in the past and you'll see Gray-sama is nothing like him, alright? You'll see. And in all fairness, you were the one who told Juvia to go after him." She looked at him pointedly."

After a moment of silence, Gajeel nodded. "Fine. But if I notice something wrong with him..."

"Yes, yes, you tell me." She rolled her eyes. "Remember to be nice." Her only answer was a grunt from him, but it was enough to understand he'd try.

They got closer to the group of people and the first to notice her was Lucy; the blonde smiled her way and looked over her shoulder, said something and looked back to where they were.

"Hi!" Lucy, perky as always, waved in their direction. "We were waiting for you so we can go to the rides."

Juvia gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry."

"It's fine." She waved her worries off and then looked at Gajeel, next to Juvia and the blonde raised her eyebrows with the sight. Gajeel, was, to say the least, something to look at with how tall he was, long black hair, pierced eyebrows and nose plus his dark clothes. "Well, hello." Gajeel looked at her up and down and grunted, making the blonde frown. "Not very talkative, is he?"

"Not really." Juvia smiled. "This is Juvia's friend, Gajeel. Gajeel-kun, this is Lucy-san." Seeing the familiar pink shade in the corner of her eye, she looked up and saw Natsu coming their way. "And that is Natsu-san, Lucy-san's boyfriend."

"What's up." Natsu stopped next to his girlfriend and raised his chin towards Gajeel in a way of greeting. "Natsu Dragneel."

When he didn't answer, Juvia elbowed him on the ribs. "Gajeel Redfox."

Natsu nodded looked in Juvia's direction. "Gray's coming, he was buying tickets for the rides."

"We'll go meet him." The blunette said and waved good-bye, promising to find them when she met Gray. Once they were a few feet away, Juvia whispered to him: "You need to be a little bit more than that sociable, Gajeel-kun."

"I hate when you change me into your social work." He rolled his eyes and Juvia smiled, her gaze sweeping the small crowd while looking for Gray.

"Juvia just wants you to not be lonely, Gajeel-kun." She shrugged. "Now, where's Gray-sama?" They stopped walking and she got on the tip of her toes while looking for him. The moment she finally found him, she smiled. Gray was just a bit straight ahead, wearing a black coat typing something on his phone. "Come on, found him!"