When It Rains, It Pours

AN: See! This time I behaved and updated in less than three months! :)

#

Love In The Ice

#

Gray frowned in confusion when he saw his girlfriend video-calling him, since he had dropped her at her apartment just a few minutes before. He answered the call, the phone on its support, showing him, to her, and he glanced quickly at the screen just to make sure she was alright, but besides being a little sheepish, she seemed okay.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Gray wondered, slowing down just in case.

"Juvia is so sorry, Gray-sama, but she thinks she forgot her phone in your car somewhere, it's not here. Can you check?" She replied, and Gray pulled the car over.

"Wait." He turned the light inside the car, on, and looked underneath the passenger's seat when he didn't find it on it and saw the phone there. "Yeap, it's here."

"Oh, good." Juvia sighed in relief. "I really can't afford to lose it and buy another one right now." She told him when he showed the phone to her. "Can you bring it to Juvia, please?" She pleaded, putting her hands together. "Otherwise you will be gone all weekend and Juvia won't be able to reach you, or anyone else, when she's at the diner. Please, please, please?"

He rolled his eyes for good measure. "Fine, you don't need to beg, jeez. I won't make it my hostage." Gray snorted. "I'm not even that far. I'll be there in a few minutes and I will accept some of those cookies you told me you baked this morning, as payment." He started the car again.

"You are the best boyfriend in the world." Juvia smiled and Gray smirked a little. "Juvia will give you some to take to your parents as well, since you are coming back here!"

"I don't know if they will arrive there without being eaten, but I'm not complaining." Gray shrugged. "See you in a bit."

"Okay!" She hung up, cheerfully and Gray drove back to her apartment.

Once he stopped in front of her building, Gray put her phone on his pocket and locked the car before he headed towards the building. He found the keys she had gifted him a month before and opened the door.

Gray frowned when he heard some commotion echoing through the building and his blood ran cold when he heard a scream of help, his heart stopping for a second when he recognized the voice.

Juvia.

A second later, Gray was running up the stairs, towards his girlfriend's apartment and he saw some of her neighbors were opening their doors to check on what was happening, but he didn't mind them, he had to get to her.

What he saw when he arrived, made his eyes go wide. There was a man inside the apartment, Juvia was on the floor and the man had his hands around her throat as he proceeded to choke her. Juvia was fighting the man the way she could, and his body moved by instinct when he saw her arms go limp.

Gray pulled the man from his girlfriend and punched him on the face a few times, not really giving him time to recover. The attacker lounged at Gray, screaming and breaking a few trinkets Juvia had in her apartment. Gray managed to throw in another punch, making the man take a step back.

Gray glanced at Juvia and saw she was coughing and he was relieved he wasn't too late, but the couple of seconds he got distracted were enough for the attacker to grab Gray by the shirt and pin him on the wall.