Too Late

Phantom's wasn't exactly the place Gray and his friends went to, preferring to spend their time at Franky's but it was closed for a couple of weeks for renovations, they needed to find somewhere to hang out and Phantom's food was told to be quite good.

Gray let Cana slide on the booth and sat by her side while Lucy and Natsu sat opposed to them, the four of them chatting about a trip they wanted to take the next holiday when the waitress stopped next to their booth. Gray muttered a quick 'good evening', looked down to the table before he processed what he saw and looked back up to see Juvia standing there, a smile on her face.

"Juvia?" Gray blinked, surprised, while the girls exclaimed her name in delight.

"Hello." The blunette said, kindly.

"I knew you were a waitress, but I didn't know it was here at Phantom's." Cana said and Gray wanted to hit himself for never asking where she worked even though he knew it was in a diner.

"Juvia thought you guys liked to go to Franky's." She smiled to the brunette.

"We do, but it's closed for a couple of weeks and people say the food here is very good." Natsu informed her and Juvia hummed in agreement.

"It is." She nodded. "And since you are at my section, Juvia is going to be your waitress."

"Lucky us!" Lucy chuckled. "What do you recommend?"

"The hamburgers are very good." She said.

"What's the biggest one?" Natsu asked.

"That would be the 'Phantom Lord', three layers of burgers, lots of cheese, bacon and sauce." Everyone laughed at the name, including her. "Hey, Juvia doesn't come up with the names." She said in her defense.

"Now that sounds like a proper monster hamburger. I'll have one with fries." Natsu said.

"Just a strawberry milkshake for me. I'll steal Natsu's fries." Lucy winked at the blunette who smiled and nodded.

"Just a hamburger is fine and vanilla milkshake, please." Cana asked.

Juvia wrote down and looked at Gray, expectantly and he realized he had been staring like some creep since the conversation started. He cleared his throat. "Uh, the same as Natsu."

"Alright." She gave them a smile and walked off to the counter to ask for their orders.

His three friends started to chat about the coincidence of running into Juvia, and Gray hummed in agreement, but his eyes kept following the blunette around the diner as she talked to clients and took orders. Gray noticed she looked really good wearing the light blue uniform, it showed her beautiful legs. It was a bit tight around her breasts and it brought attention to it, most males clients would glance at it a few times while she took orders. Her hair was up in a ponytail, the curls bouncing when she moved and it showed the fair skin of her neck.

Cana's voice coming from his left took him out of his thoughts when she asked: "Admiring her, Gray?"

He looked at her and the couple across of him, all three looking at him with amusement written all over their expressions. "What? No." He managed to say in a higher pitch than necessary.

"She does look pretty even with that hideous thing." Lucy said. "Doesn't she, Natsu?"

"Sure." The pink haired man shrugged, not at all bothered it was his girlfriend asking it.

"And it is a miracle to look good with that thing." Cana snorted. "A little bird told me you two have been talking between your practice and hers at the rink."