Chapter Five || Ann likes to wear flaming hot shoes

Ann

I strut down the stairs of Bridgit's house with a massive clomp clomp clomp striking the wood, a major contrast compared to Autumns delicate click clacks of her shiny black heels.

"Goodbye!" Bridgit calls with a dramatic wave of her hand and we see Max sitting at the bottom of the stairs, picking dirt out from under his nails.

"Finally!" He says irritated now not wearing glasses but contacts "The party would be over by the time you three got out!" He rolled his brown eyes and then lay them on me. "You look nice Ann."

"Thanks." I say blandly and he offers a hand to help me down the stairs, all prince like. I smile with my mouth and take it, walking down the stairs.

"Stop." Autumn says "We need to go in separately."

"So we don't ruin your reputation? We get it, now out." Bridgit says and shoos her out of the house.

"Whatever that was." Max says shrugging in a blue and black checked shirt.

Bridgit rolls her eyes and sighs "She doesn't want to be seen with us. Popular girls do not want to be seen with people like us."

"What do you mean people like us?" I ask.

"People with brains." She pointed with a chewed fingernail to her temple. "Anyways as I was saying-"

Max looks at her funnily "The last time you went to school, you were ten. How do you know this?"

"Movies..." She starts and I have to force back a laugh "Mean Girls?" She asks.

"Oh my god." I half mumble and face palm and just notice Wills silhouette out the window. "Oh my god." I whisper in shock and open the door and walk out just to hear Bridgit say "You're losing her." As I close the door shut behind me.

"Oh hi." I say to Will and he whips around and mutters a short 'hi'. I walk down the three stairs up to the front door of the house and Will turns to face me.

"You look nice." Will says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"Let's go!" I hear Bridgit say as she opens the door outwards to hit Will, knocking him over. "Oh my God!" She gasps, covering her mouth.

"Nice shoes." Will says sarcastically as he looks at Bridgit's neon pink laced combat boots.

"I will break your nose." She says sternly slightly tilting her head as she lifts her foot and Will goes to cover his face.

"What the HELL!" I screech and hold Bridgit back before she hurt Will.

Max shakes his head saying to Will "She's always like this." Max offers a hand for Will and he takes it, getting up and dusting himself off.

"You two go on without me!" Bridgit says to Max and I "I need to talk with Will here." She pats him on the shoulder and he flinches, paling so much that the freckles across his nose were very visible.

"Y-yeah, s-see you th-there!" Will stutters in fright, turning to look at Bridgit and then myself.

Max and I enter and the vile, toxic smell of sick and alcohol and the wretched smell of sweat hit me automatically. The music was booming from two massive six foot speakers placed on either side of a DJ behind a turntable. My ears felt like they were going to explode yet every other person there didn't mind the music at all. I hear Bridgit and Will approach from behind me.

"Come on!" Bridgit shouted over the music and pulled myself and Will into the mix of people by my wrist. I squirm through the crowd and struggle to keep up with Bridgit.