Chapter Seventeen || Bridgit's fourteenth time to Paris

"Don't let the darkness of the past cover the brightness of the future."

Lucas

Two days, a break up and 114 rainbow coloured paper planes and scrunched up paper balls later, I am sitting along with twenty four yelling, chattering and sleeping students on the bus.

You guessed it, I was dozing off, music blaring in my ears, my head already resting on the side of the bus, rattling on the window gently.

With a very very long drive from Dorsborough to Vermont airport, we obviously had to have trouble crossing the border from Canada to the US.

Miss Durieux insisted on punching the border patrol for claiming that the renewal of her passport wasn't registered.

One thing you don't want to see ever in your life is an angry Miss Durieux. She may be deceiving on the outside, a clean cut dark haired bob and smiley mouth, she's one of those teachers that you think you can never get angry or never be strict but boy am I wrong.

"What do you mean my passport renewal hasn't been registered yet?" she hissed, her heavy French accent.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you can't come across the border without the checking of everyone on this vehicle passports." I cringe at the terrible construction of his sentence.

"Fine." Miss Durieux says, her wide brown eyes narrowing. She turns around and looks at me, conveniently sitting in the front row of the bus " 'Ey, Lucas."

My eyes widen in shock and I sit up straight "Yes miss?" I ask.

"Firstly, it is 'Oui mademoiselle.' And do me a favour and get everyone’s passports for me dear."

"Oui mademoiselle." I say and hastily unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Lucas is coming around to get your passports!" Mr Cabret says in his clear voice.

Everyone fumbles around their day bags and I do the same, fetching my passports from the secret compartment in my back pack.

I get up and walk through the aisle of the bus, asking for their passports.

I'm halfway through the bus with a massive pile of passports in hand and I get to Ivory sitting solemnly, looking out the window.

"Hey," I say quietly, not wanting to startle her.

"Oh," Ivory turns around and her thick, long braid rests on her bony shoulder gracefully. "Sorry, I have my passport here. Just a sec."

She rummages through her expensive looking bag, her eyebrows furrowed in the middle. You can easily say that Ivory is the prettiest girl going on this trip, easy. Above Bridgit Newman with her California beach girl look and Runner's dark haired Tinkerbell look, Ivory beats all. Her expressive elven features make her look like Arwen from Lord of the Rings with Legolas' hair. She looks unnaturally regal for her shy and held-back personality.

"Here." She hands me the passport and makes a smile that doesn't quiet reach her eyes.

"I'm sorry about Indigo." I mumble and make my way to the next row.

"Gay." I hear Martin (with sky blue hair now) mumble, Runner sleeping silently next to him. The way she slept was something you could only describe as cute. She takes a long breath through her nose and a short huff out her mouth.

"Excuse me?" I ask and he hands me both his and Runner's passports.

"Hey." Martins coal black eyes dart around the bus anxiously.

"Hey." I say taking caution of where I am going with this conversation and walk off to get the rest of the passports.

With twenty five passports in hand I walk up to Miss Durieux and she has a large plastic box in hand where I drop twenty-five fresh passports into the box.