Chapter Twenty Two || Ivory's had Enough of Big, Bad Bullies

“Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.”

Theodore Roosevelt

+++

Bridgit

The view of the Eiffel Tower at night was break taking. The sight of Jack's chewed up food in his mouth, not so much.

Okay, let me start from the start.

Most to say, many people looked great in what they were wearing but with the lack of Ivory, I have no company.

All the girls were dolled up and I am pretty sure I have seen at least five plaid formal shirts worn by the guys. We got to choose where we sat, which was good considering I didn't have to face Ann.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The eight that sat at our table ended up being Jack, Liam, Autumn, Ann, Will, James and I. I have no idea what happened between the two, but Ann have a death glare to Julian half the time and spoke lowly to Will the other half.

"How did you find it? Paris and all?" James said, handing the menu back to the waiter with a silent thanks.

"It was actually... Surprisingly... Good." I smile awkwardly at him.

Jack laughs loudly as if Liam told a hilarious joke, his eyes squinty and mouth wide open. Autumn laughs awkwardly, looking over to her friends that she was separated from.

"There's something that I need to tell you-"

"Actually same here." I say. He's the only one that I can tell about Jack's 'confession of love.'

"Not now."

"And James dear, I was going to say that." I smile and the corner of James' mouth curls into what seems to be a smile.

"You're smiling!" I can't help but say so.

"Well I can't help it since you are so funny!" James whispers, trying to keep relatively quiet and the near silent restaurant.

I have no idea why it was so funny but I couldn't help but laugh. It came out as a loud shout first and then an extreme almost-amputation of my bottom lip.

I smiled, trying my hardest not to smile or laugh. James didn't look at me questioningly or as if I belonged in an insane asylum, he smiled also, trying not to laugh.

When we finally did calm down, the waiter had come back with our drinks.

He did look at us weirdly and just placed our drinks on the table next to our glasses anyways.

"Merci." James said as clearly as he could. He sounded as if he was going to cry.

I made a sound similar to a balloon deflating. The waiter walked off with a bewildered look on his face.

"Oh gosh," James calms down and takes a deep breath.

"How long do you think it's going to take to make the meals?" I ask.

"A long time." James sighs.

"Good." I get up as politely as I can, as my Mum taught me. I flattened my dress and pushed my chair in. I walked off with my hair flying dramatically behind me and my heels clicking on the ground.

I end up walking out of the restaurant, without anyone except for James noticing my absence. I stand outside the restaurant, a few meters from the narrow door. I exhale from my mouth, letting a small cloud of vapour escape from my mouth. I close my eyes and inhale the cold air. Even though it was already well into autumn, the nights were cold.