Chapter Twelve || Lucas follows the blonde's trend

Chapter Twelve || Lucas follows the blonde's lead

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

-Mahatma Gandhi

Jack

My day started when a bird flew into my window.

I was barely awake when the poor little guy head butted my window. I literally screamed. I screamed so loudly that Liam came pounding into my room, wearing nothing but a pair of green boxer shorts asking "What the hell happened in here?"

"A bird-" I stutter utterly shocked, letting go of my blue duvet I was clutching girl-ily to my chest, pointing a trembling finger to the window.

"Do you want to save it?" Liam asks as he turns to my blue painted bedroom door.

I choke, thinking of the poor little bird. By the time we stop talking and rush down the stairs and look at the guy, he's done for. I wretch at the thought.

"Come-on," Liam sighs and grabs one of my T-shirts, putting it on covering his toned, six-pack body. The ladies would've been disappointed.

I jump out of my bed and grab one of my many blue T-shirts and put it on. I slide on my blue slippers and sprint out of the door, realizing that I am completely dressed in blue.

I thunder down the stairs, probably waking up mum but hey, the Scott brothers had a bird to save.

The two of us tumble out of the red front door, the same as all the other houses that line this street. We thunder over to the poor little bird that head-butted my window, lying next to mum's carefully tended for hydreandea's.

"Mum's gonna flip." Liam mutters as he examines the now dead bird. He grabs a stick and flips it over onto his back. I wretch, attempting not to throw up all over mum's hydrangea's.

"Well," Liam pokes at the bird, lifting up its wings to look at them. "It's a sparrow- no-" he pauses and pales "it's a finch." We both then hear someone jog past, listening to Taylor Swift music much too loudly. Judging by her olive complexion and her short, dark hair, we realize it's Runner Finch.

My little sister blows a pink bubble of gum carelessly and with another bite, pops it.

"It's a FINCH!" I over exaggerate our sisters surname. The plan ended up working, Runner's ears perk up and she takes the white plugs out of her ears. She turns her head and lay her emerald eyes on me. She walks over, muttering something that contained the word "Idiot."

"So brother," the word sounded like poison in her mouth "What did you call me- euugh!" She exclaims in disgust looking at the dead bird. "This is feral!" She screeches at the top of her lungs, turning a light shade of green.

Liam pokes at the finch some more, smiling menacingly at both Runner and I.

"Man, stop it." I swallow to stop me from throwing up. I look at Runner who is about to faint.

"What type of sick joke is this?" Runner whispers harshly.

"What?" Liam leaves the bird alone.

"A finch!?" She squeaks, clearly shocked, looking at us each in turn.

"Look, we didn't mean to offend you in any way-" I begin, looking at a clearly offended Runner.

"Punk," she snarls in a Bridgit Newman like way and pushes me into the garden, purposefully onto the dead finch.

"Holy crap!" I hiss, hopefully dodging the dead bird and its guts sprawled on the ground. Fortunately, I do miss the dead, gutted bird but unfortunately, Mums hydrangea's are crushed.