Chapter Twenty-Five || Dance a little Dance of me

Bridgit

"Ow!" I squirm, scrunching up my nose as Victoria tugs at my hair.

So it was the night of nights, the one that had been lingering on my mind for a while now. School finished yesterday and everyone cheered and spilled out of the corridors and some of us even went to a café or an ice-cream parlour to celebrate. It was the Christmas in July ball (but it was really June the 29th) and it was as hot as hell in this bathroom.

"Beauty is pain." Autumn says, her mouth open as she lines her eyes with black eyeliner.

"Shut up Autumn!" I say just before Victoria burns my head with the hair curler.

"Oh my God!" I screech and by instinct pull my head forwards.

"I'm sorry Bridgit!" Victoria exclaims.

"I'll continue with the curling, Victoria." I insist through clenched teeth.

"You should." Victoria hands the curling wand to me and I continue curling my hair, almost dislocating my arms trying to get the back parts.

"Done." Autumn says and pulls her face away from the mirror and admires her handiwork.

"Can I have to bathroom now?" Max pounds on the door.

Autumn and I locked Max outside because we just know that he'd just hog the mirror and spend the next three hours doing his hair.

It doesn't look like it, but Max is definitely the vainest person I have ever come to know when getting ready for an event.

"Please Bridgit!" Max hammers the door.

"Autumn!?" Max knocks again.

"Shut your cake hole Max!" I say as I line my lips with a shaky hand.

"But it's formal!" Max pleads.

"Yeah, it's just formal!" I say, almost poking my eye out with the eyelash curler.

"Max, you won't win a fight against Bridgit and a locked door!" Autumn pops her lips, mixing the many layers and multiple colours of lipstick together.

"Thanks Autumn." I murmur while attempting to put mascara on my lashes with my left hand.

"Done!" I exclaim batting my eyelashes that feel heavier than usual.

Autumn and I open the door and see Max's face light up.

"What do you think?" Max twirls in his black and white suit. He tips the top hat he has on his head and straightens his bow tie.

"A bow tie?" Autumn asks.

"Yes, I like bow ties." Max consciously wiggles it, his mouth in a pout.