9

My bottom lip quivers in fear as I look at Calvin. His eyes are dark and I cannot tell what he could be thinking. Anything could be running through this man's head. He's capable of anything.

My back is against the wall, "admit it." He says with a low growl. I whimper and shake my head. I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid. I keep trying to talk myself into not being scared of him.

I swallow roughly when his hand grips my thigh with an unbearably painful grasp. I chew on my cheek to remain quiet.

"Admit that you're afraid of me." He says lowly, dipping his head down closer to me. His breath fans my face and I whimper. Liquor. I look him in the eyes and don't say a word. Instead, I hold my ground.

"You know what I'm capable of, Gray. Just admit it." He seethes. My eyes fall to the ground. I do know what he's capable of. I have a slight clue on what he has done in the past, and what he might continue to do in his near future. I have no control of a man like him or anyone in general.

"Calvin." I whimper his name. The man standing before me isn't the one that I know. His wolf has taken control. He doesn't acknowledge me.

"Admit it. I scare you." He growls. I don't know why he wants me to tell him I'm scaring him. Maybe he likes to get a high out of scaring people. The smell of the blood on him makes me want to get sick.

"Calvin, please-" I beg for him to come back to me. The grip on my thigh tightens. Although he's right, I think he'll do anything to get me to agree with him.  I yelp and scrape my hand against the one on my thigh.

"Calvin!" I cry out his name, my free hand goes to his chest to try and push him off of me. "Please! Come back!" I whimper trying to tame his wolf myself. I want to run but I can't.

Tears form in the corners of my eyes and suddenly there is no more harsh grip on my thigh. Instead, his thumb gently rubs over the area he had been squeezing so roughly.

"Calvin?" I sob his name but I don't dare to bring myself to look at him. His free hand strokes the side of my face with his knuckles.

"Yeah." He says, confirming that it was him again. "are you okay? Did I hurt you?" He asks, examining the bruise that looks just like his hand on my leg. I cover it with my hand.

"Yeah, but I'll be okay-" I say. I don't want him to worry about it. I just want him away from me and to be left alone. He gently wipes the tears from my eyes.

"It's not okay, I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." I mumble. I still refuse to look at him. As of right now, I'm absolutely terrified of him. I want his hands off of me and I want to be a thousands miles or more away from him. Nothing in my life has frightened me as much as this man has in only a few minutes.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles, tilting my chin up to make me look at him. I let out a sigh and wipe the tears from my eyes. Calvin's eye color has changed back to normal. It's him.

He leans forward to give me a apology kiss, but I turn my head away from him. I push him completely away from me and climb the stairs without another word. This man is just like everyone said he was. A merciless monster.

I shut myself inside one of the many spare bedrooms inside of his home. It is beyond me why he has to have so much space for such a small living capacity. I can understand two or three extra rooms, but nothing this fancy.

My eyes burn as I crawl into the center of the bed. I don't want to be afraid of Calvin. I can't really help the fact that I am whenever he has someone's blood on him and he pins me against the wall with anger. I run my fingers through my hair.