18

"Cal?" I ask, climbing into bed beside him

"Cal?" I ask, climbing into bed beside him. It's late and all I want to do is sleep. He turns his attention to me and knots his eyebrows.

"Yes, babydoll?" He asks, looking me over. I don't ever really understand why he does that. I'm fine.

I blow out a breath and look into his eyes. "Are you upset about me not changing in front of you?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows. Cal looks at me and shakes his head.

"It's a little disappointing knowing that you don't trust me." He says gently, "but eventually I'll break you of that." He shrugs.

"Oh," I say, trying to think of something else to add. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm just shy. I don't even like changing in front of a mirror." I point out.

Calvin sighs. "You're beautiful, and one day you're going to realize that." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

I don't say a word. I choose not to argue with what he has to say. As much as I want to tell him that he's wrong, it will on infuriate him. Men don't realize how muh a woman will hate herself- even after he has told her many of times. All it takes it one negative comment from anyone to make a girl want to change every little thing about her. There's no reversing the after math.

Instead of replying to him, I simply press a kiss to his lips and linger. I don't want him to think that I think he's wrong. He isn't- I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

"Please just mark me." I say gently, feeling him pause against me. Calvin let's out a soft breath and pushes hair from my face.

"Baby, I told you I would. Just give it some time." He says, I can only let out a sigh.

"What happened to the whole anything you want speech?" I knot my eyebrows. "What's so wrong with you that you won't just bite me?" I ask. "I have a feeling it has to do with me. Am I not good enough? You don't want to break my heart? I get it." I grumble, climbing out of bed. I'm tired and frustrated.

The pain of my heat hasn't quite set in yet, but I can tell that it's there. From the lack of attention my body is craving for, and the stubbornness of Calvin, I'm beyond easily set off.

"Where are you going?" Calvin asks, quickly sitting up in bed and focusing his full and undivided attention on me. I glance over at him and sigh.

"Downstairs." I mumble walking out of the room without a second glance. I don't know why I feel like this is his way of rejecting me. Calvin should want to mark me as much as I want him to. Does he not want me?

I didn't come from a powerful blood line, and I know that I'm not as pretty as he says that I am. I get downstairs and silently make my way to the kitchen for a glass of water.

  I press my lips into a hard line and sit at the bar stool. There's a reason Cal won't mark me. I'm sure his reasons are true, but I'm already stressed out enough.

Him and Brax are the only two people I really ever get to see, and they're starting to get annoying. I think I want away from them for awhile.

I run my fingers over my eyes. I don't know what is going on with me. I get a feeling similar to when one gets when they need to throw up. Then, it hits me like a brick.

"Mother fucker." I grunt, gripping the side of the bar tightly and digging my fingers into it. My heat. It's happening again. Only this time, it feels worse if that's even possible.

I clutch the lower part of my stomach and hunch over. Of course this happens after I leave Calvin. What are the odds?

I try my best to climb out of the chair and manage to get a few feet. Soon, a pain shoots through my body and I'm on the floor, curled up in a little ball.

I don't remain the way I am for long. Within a matter of moments, part of the pain is gone and is relieved by the touch of Calvin's skin.

I whimper, because I hate having to rely on Calvin at times like this. He refuses to claim me, and he refuses to tame my heat like any other man would have done.

I don't dare say a word. I don't want to feel the pain of his rejection on top of everything else. My body trembles, and little whimpers escape my lips as I try my best to calm myself down.

"Make it stop," I finally beg. I don't mean to, it just slips out. Cal pushes the hair from my forehead behind my ear and let's out a sigh. 

My heart nearly stops when his voice fills my ears. "I'll make it stop." He assures me, and when my eyes open- there's a pained expression in his face as he looks at me. He looks...scared.

Cal lifts me against his chest, and instantly I bury my face into his neck. I tremble as I continue to whimper from the pain radiating throughout my body. It feels worse than the last time, and I can't take it.

  My back hits the bed, and suddenly I'm pinned between Calvin and the mattress. His hands are firmly pressed against my exposed belly, soothing some of my heat. My knees curl and I shake as wave upon wave of pain hits me like a brick.

"I'm not changing you." He says gently, "are you sure that this is what you want?" He asks, sounding too unsure of himself.

I force my eyes open and look into his. I nod my head in reply, unable to form words. Calvin doesn't hesitate a second longer after I agree.