51

One more chapter after this!

        My heart stops in my chest the moment that I wake up to a heavy body landing on top of mine. A quick memory of being taken flickers into my mind, but it's quickly faded with the familiar sound of my best friends voice.

"Grrrrrrrrrray!" She exclaims loudly. I tiredly move and exhale softly. Trying my best to push her off of me, I fail.

"Get you fat ass off my chest, Ally," I wheeze, and I hear the laugh that reminds me of wheezy from Dragon Tales. She climbs off my body and sits cross-legged on the bed, waiting for me to get up.

"God," I rub my head tiredly, "what time is it?" I groan. I was up most of the night wide awake. My stomach aches, and my body feels raw because someone decided that last night would be a good night to get all of his anger and stress out.

"It's one in the afternoon," she winks. Tiredly I wipe the sleep from my eyes and inhale deeply. My best friend eyes me up and down and I know she knows what Calvin and I did hours ago. Yet- she doesn't mention it.

"What's up, loser?" I smile. All I want to do is crawl back into bed, but my best friend is here! I've missed her more than anything. I throw my arms around her and pull her into a tight hug.

"Oh! Nothing much! I've just been on this tour of this huge house, wondering why this is the first time I've been invited over?" She grins like a manic. I roll my eyes.

"I know, and I apologize for that." Geese, I'm starting to sound old like Calvin. "But we'll hang out a lot more, I promise." I hold out my pinky like we used to do in elementary school.

She smiles and wraps her little finger around mine. "You can't break a best friend promise." She reminds me.

I roll my eyes and exhale softly. "I never have." Thirteen years of friendship is a lot- especially when you've never let the other one down. Even if it hurts me, I always do my best to keep my promises to her.

There's a knock on the door, and my head flings to the doorway to meet Calvin's eyes. He's shirtless, and there's a clear hickey on the side of his neck. After tomorrow, it'll be a real mark.

He's leaning against the doorframe, wearing low hanging sweatpants and a playful grin as he looks me over. His eyes flicker to Ally for only a brief moment before they're back on me. I can hear my best friend's breathing hitch at the sight of him, and a satisfied smirk grows on my lips.

Mine.

"I'm glad you're still alive," Calvin says looking at Ally. I give a confused look he turns back to me. "I warned her about waking you up." He chuckles.

Cal watches us for a moment. "I need you to get up and get ready. You, Ally, and Benjamin are going out to find a dress for your ceremony tomorrow." I glance at Ally who wiggles her eyebrows. "You can take my card, but Gray I need you to stay by Ben. Okay?" He asks, knotting his eyebrows and walking to me.

I smile. "If that's okay with you," I point out the fact that he's always so jealous of Benjamin. Cal rolls his eyes and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"Only for today." He assures me, leaving me in the room with Ally shortly after.

      "You're making me so nervous," I say softly, giggling in Calvin's arms as I try to pull out of them

      "You're making me so nervous," I say softly, giggling in Calvin's arms as I try to pull out of them. He hugs me closer and runs his nose over my cheek.

  "How?" He presses a kiss to my nose and I look up into his eyes. I don't know when he decided to put a shirt on, but I appreciate it since my best friend was nearly drooling over him.

"You treating this ceremony like it's a wedding." I frown, looking his facial features over.

"To the pack- that's what it is." He says without blinking. "I do intend on marrying you one day, so don't think that this is it." He gives me a assuring smile and kisses me gently on the lips.

"Do you smell that?" Ally asks, walking out of her room and into the hallway where we're at. I turn to her and knot my eyebrows. Calvin wraps his arms around me and I watch his nostrils flare.

It isn't me. I assure him. A sigh escapes him and he looks around.

"What does it smell like?"

"Like something I could have every day and not get enough of it." She explains. Calvin and I look at each other at the same time and smiles break loose on our faces.

I think you just led Ben straight to his mate. I link to Cal. He grins.

You can start calling me Cupid.

"Go look downstairs. There's nothing up here but us." I smile. She knots her eyebrows but makes her way downstairs.

Once she's out of earshot I look up at Cal. "So, I guess you're going dress shopping with me." I grin pressing a kiss to his chin.

"Ally is going with you-"

"Hey." I stop him, "give Ben a break and let him enjoy himself. Besides- I want your opinion anyways." I give him a playful wink and earn a grown in return.

"Fine." He kisses me briefly and inhales. His heart skips a beat as I rest my hand over his chest and feel it through his hot skin.

After an hour of searching, I finally find a few dresses that aren't covered in flowers or are a typical red.

I unlock the dressing room door and carefully smooth out the fabric on my body. I love it; so much. I just don't know what Calvin will think of it.

The fabric hugs my skin, not too tight, but enough to show off my figure. On each side of the dress is a long slit from the bottom all the way up to my hips. It's simple, yet so beautiful.

"What about this one, Cal?" My voice is soft, because I'm terrified of what he'll say. He has told me all the dresses I've tried on looked good, but some of them he made clear that he didn't want that much of my boob showing to anyone. However, I don't have any boob in the first place.

Calvin turns, and my heart beats faster than ever. I watch his eyes rake over the dress, taking it all in. Every. Single. Detail.

His hand shakes as it lifts to rake his fingers through his hair. "Wow," is the only word he utters. Nothing more. Nothing less. His eyes stay locked on me, as he tries his best to put words in his mouth.

"Is it bad?" I knot my eyebrows and spin in a circle. Wow could mean a lot of things.

"No, no, no." He shakes his head and grabs my arm, tugging me against his body and feeling the fabric. "It's like it was made for you," he presses a kiss to my nose and I giggle.

"Is this the one you want?" He asks, pulling away and I smooth the dress out. I turn to look at myself in the mirror and blow out a slow breath.

The image staring back at me isn't the little teenager that used to be there. Instead, she's replaced by a woman. A leader. A Luna.