52

I'm the first person to wake up the following morning. I lay tiredly against Calvin's exposed chest. I'm too warm to crawl out of bed, and way too nervous to go back to sleep.

His breaths are slow and have a steady rhythm. One that will never get old. Although Cal has already marked me, the ceremony that will happen tonight will mark our official future together as leaders of the packs.

I try my best to hold onto my sleep, studying my mate like a usually do before I shut my eyes and begin to dream. His sleeping form is the most peaceful. The creases on his forehead from stressing too much has faded, and the permeate frown on his face has turned into a baby-like pout. If he wasn't asleep-and I wasn't worried about waking him up so early- I would kiss them.

His face is cheeks are littered in stubble that he hasn't shaved in a few days. I'm sure today will be the day it'll become bare again.

"Gray," he says softly, not opening his eyes. He tugs me closer to him and rolls to his side. I snuggle my head into the crook of his neck and toss my leg over his hip. Minutes pass of me waiting for him to say something else. However, it never happens.

It takes me awhile to realize that he is asleep. He was asleep when he whined my name and tugged me closer. I smile, because it's the sweetest thing.

I am so eternally grateful to the moon goddess for blessing me with such a man as Calvin. I don't deserve him. He has shown and given me more love than he has experienced in his entire existence.

I trace my finger over the rough hairs on his chin, taking my time with it. Every second spent touching Calvin sends a million different tingles through my veins. My thumb runs over his pouted lip, and he snuggles closer to me. I smile.

Calvin constantly tells me; and himself that he is bad. In all reality, he's one of the best men out in this world. He may do bad things sometimes, but he doesn't do it for his own enjoyment. He is taking care of the rest of the world, by doing what he needs to in order to protect them.

My hands slide up into his hair, gently pushing it from his face. Cal really needs a trim, but I enjoy the unprofessional rugged look.

I feather light kisses on his forehead, and slowly make my way to the tip of his nose. However, before my lips connect with his nose, he moves his head and captures my lips with his. A sleep-filled chuckle fills the room and his chest vibrates against me. I kiss him again, and again, before finally pulling away from him.

"Good morning," he mumbles softly. Calvin's voice is thick and filled with sleep. It's one of my favorite sounds that come from him, and I can't wait to hear it until the end of time. He nuzzles his head into the nape of my neck and presses a kiss on my skin.

I giggle when his scruff rubs against the tender part of my neck. "Stop it," I giggle, pushing his head from my neck, "that tickles."

Calvin chuckles and pulls his head back, looking my face over. The smile playing on his lips is goofy, and so attractive. My heart nearly skips a beat. "Only if you agree to shower with me." He gives me a playful wink.

I roll my eyes and give him a questionable look. "I'm not sleeping with you-"

"I wasn't planning on it, I want you to be able to walk for your ceremony, no?" My mouth falls open as I look at him. "We're saving that for tonight." He winks.

"You have no filter, do you?" I shake my head and giggle. Calvin smiles widely and runs his hands over his face. After a few moments, he climbs out of bed and stretches his arms over his head.