29: home

I wake up to the sound of the front door opening and shutting. I had ended up falling asleep on the couch while waiting for Calvin to come home. Standing to my feet, I tiredly head around the corner to the door, colliding into a rock hard chest.

"Hey baby," I say tiredly rubbing my eyes as he wraps his arms around me in a tight embrace. I hug him back and rest my head on his chest, loving the tingles that come with his touch. "Is everything alright?" I pull back and look into his eyes.

A wave of relief washes over him as he looks me over. He looks completely sick with worry, and I wish I could read his mind, because I know he won't tell me everything that's wrong. Calvin gently caresses my cheek before pressing a soft kiss against my lips.

"Yeah, baby. It was just some rouges." He keeps his explanations short and sweet. I inhale deeply and relish in the warmth of his breath fanning over my face. "Are you hurting?" He asks.

"No-" I shake my head, "I mean, I was but I took some medicine and I feel okay, like the pain is bearable." I mumble. I've gotten so used to being in heat around him, it only feels natural to talk to him about it. He leans down and presses a kiss to my forehead. "Can we go to sleep?" I ask, giving Calvin a tired smile. He and I could both use a few hours of sleep. Maybe even some extra.

Cal chuckles, "of course, little wolf." I yelp in surprise when he picks me up, and I quickly wrap my legs around his torso. Burying my head into his neck, I inhale deeply. He smells oddly familiar, but I can't exactly pin point where the smell is from. I press feathered kisses over his jawline and then tiredly rest my head on his shoulder as he carries us up the flight of stairs.

"Try and get some sleep tonight, little wolf. We have to wake up early." He mumbles as he sets me down on the bed. I blankly look at him as he tugs his shirt off of his body.

"Why?" I ask, completely confused. He unbuttons his pants, but before I eye rape him, I distract myself with pulling the blankets up my body.

"We're going to try and wake up your wolf." He says. My eyes meet his and they travel about his chiseled torso. I sigh in defeat and watch as he climbs into bed beside me.

"Do you think it'll work?" I ask. Doubts filling mine. Nothing has worked before, why should it now?

Calvin wraps his arms around me and pulls me against his chest. The warmth of his body almost makes me want to rip the blankets and my clothes off my body. "I believe that there's a chance you can get her to come out." He says softly. My fingers mindless run over the grooves of his stomach and memorize the shapes of him. I shut my eyes and relax in his arms. "She's giving off all the signs. The jealousy, you've growled quite a few times, and the heat. Baby, you're heat is something powerful-" he mumbles into my hair.

I lift my head and look at him. "And what is she doesn't come out?" I ask, knitting my eyebrows.

"If training doesn't work, then I'll fuck you." He shrugs. "I'll get her out if it's the last thing that I do. but until she's out, I won't mark you." Calvin says softly. I tiredly press a kiss to his lips and rest my head back on his chest. I don't want to talk anymore.

I don't know what's worse. Him talking about fucking me while I'm lying here in heat, or the fact that he just told me he isn't marking me until I shift. Either way, it has me worked up.

"Calvin!" I shout, completely out of breath. The heat of the day has taken over me, and I can't take off enough clothes. I stop in my tracks and heave my chest up and down.

Since four this morning, Calvin has put me through intense, nonstop training. My body isn't used to this kind of work, and every muscle in me is aching for a long hot shower. Beads of sweat trickle down my body and I feel as though hot coals are in my lungs.

He turns to face me from the distance he is ahead of me and lets out a tired breath. "One more mile." He assures me. Calvin had told me over and over again that, over working your wolf will encourage it to come out. He's trained so many other wolves before- he knows what he's talking about.

Calvin's chest heaves up and down as he looks me over. Beads of sweat run down the muscles in his torso. He's holding tightly to the shirt I had to take off in his fist, and his look over my body.

"I-I can't." I struggle to get the words out. Tears burn my eyes because my body is in physical pain from all the work that I've done.

My hands shake as I wipe my eyes. I cannot believe I'm crying because I'm exhausted. He looks completely disappointed as he looks me over.

"Okay," he says, not bothering to argue with me. "We can go home and we can rest and take a nap-" he wraps his arms around my neck in a quick- hot- hug.

I peel him away from me because the heat of today is too much along with him on me. "Hey, don't cry, babydoll." Cal coos. I shake my head and sniffle. "We'll try something different next time, yeah? I didn't mean to push you so hard- I just got carried away." He apologizes and I shake my head.

"It's fine," I shake my head, "it just hurts." All I want to do is sit in an ice cold bathtub and take a long nap.

"Do you want me to carry you?" He asks, knitting his eyebrows. Because I had pushed him away, I'm sure he thinks I'm mad at him. He looks nervous, and tired, and so damn good looking. I swallow and look up at him.

"I-uh- no cal. You don't have to do that, I can wal-" suddenly my feet are off the air and I'm up on his shoulders. I stiffen, afraid of my new-found distance from the ground.

"Cal this isn't funny!" I yell, listening to him laugh underneath me. His large hands grab the tops of my bare thighs and he holds me in place.

"It is kind of funny." He chuckles, starting to walk. I whimper and grab his wrists. "Relax, I'm not going to drop you."

"I'm like eight foot off the ground! Don't tell me to relax." I grumble, flinching when he steps over a pile of sticks.

"I'm only six-seven, love. Dropping you is the last thing I want, so can you please have some faith in me before I actually do it on purpose?" The mockery in his voice makes me want to slap him, but I sigh in defeat.

"Don't fucking drop me, Harris, or you're a dead man." I grumble, sitting in my own fear, but I try to remain quiet so he doesn't actually drop me.