27; apologies

"What were you in the meeting about?" I ask Calvin, curious as to what they had been discussing. He looks over at me and gives me a glare. Clearly, he doesn't want to talk about what ever it is. I blow out an annoyed breath and buckle my seatbelt. I had held off from asking him until we had gotten done eating. His eyes roam over my face quietly before he buckles his own seatbelt and turns on the car. Something is aggravating him, I can tell. His grip on the steering wheel tightens as he starts to drive. I chew on my bottom lip. "Will you at least tell me what's bothering you?" I ask so softly I cannot even feel it come out.

Calvin glances at me and then turns to the road. "Are you not angry wth me?" He asks. It's obvious he's been beating himself up over what had happened. I mean- yeah, it did bother me, but Calvin didn't do anything, say anything- his wolf was just attracted to an unmarked female. Because he has yet to mark me. I quietly look at the way his jaw is clenched as he thinks about what he did. I don't want to tell him that it didn't upset me, but I also don't want him thinking that it's okay.

"I trust you Cal." I say softly. I had completely ignored his question and he takes that as enough. His large hand comes in contact with my thigh and my skin ignites. It's like my body has turned to putty underneath his touch. "But- you do know that there's a way of avoiding a situation like that again." I throw out the hint. His lips curl into a smile but he doesn't dare take his eyes off of the road.

"I intend on doing that, Gray. I hope that you're prepared for it." His voice is low, and it lures me in. I want to hear him speak more, I want to feel his chest rumble as he growls. I pull my lip between my teeth and rest my hand over his. He's always hot. His skin always feels like fire when he touches me. My heart swells in my chest at the idea of us being connected. Our wolves will be able to feel each other and know what the other is up to. A smile grows on my lips at the idea of Calvin and I becoming us.

"I can only prepare myself for what you say, and not what you do." I say, biting at the tip of my nail. His knuckles turn white as he grips the steering wheel impossibly tighter than before. The veins in his arm stick out like the only yellow ballon in a bundle of red ones. His breathing gets heavier and I silently wonder how he stays so collected half the time. He's a man with lots of weights on his shoulders, and he knows exactly how it's to be handled.

"How about this," he says roughly, keeping his eyes on the road. "I pull up to our house, set my car in park and proceed to unlock the front door. As soon as that ass of yours is inside- I slam you against the nearest wall and make sure you know that you're mine. Then, I'll carry your overly-excited-and-hormonal-ass up the stairs and strip you bare. I'll put my face between your legs and make sure that you scream out my name." His tongue darts out and rubs over his bottom lip. Calvin doesn't look at my reaction- he can smell it.

The fact that Calvin had just given me a run down of what he intends on doing excites me. Although, it also terrifies me at the same time. I pull my lip between my teeth and look out the window. "That excites you, yes?" His hand rests on my thigh and I squirm.

"Why the sudden interest? " I say looking over at him. Calvin relaxes his grip on the steering wheel only enough to pump blood to the tips of his fingers. I hold my breath as he pulls into the driveway of his house and sets the car in park. His eyes meet mine and they run over my face as though I've just asked the stupidest question on the face of the earth. My hormones are set on fire just by the way he's looking at me. I don't know what's going on in his mind, but I know it isn't puppies and kittens.

"I've always have been interested in satisfying you, Gray." His tongue appears and wets his bottom lip. "I don't have to explain my reasons to you, because I know you want me to fuck you." He says calmly like he has just told me the sky was blue. I don't dare break eye contact with him, even though I want to. It's like he's tearing me apart with his eyes, drinking me in. I get a tingling sensation between my legs, because he's right. He's absolutely right.