10

"Gray." Calvin says. I knot my eyebrows and I look over my shoulder at him. I didn't sleep in the same bed as him last night. I didn't even sleep on the same level of the house as he did.

I'm still afraid of him. Well, not of him. I'm afraid of what he is capable of doing. Calvin is a strong and spoiled man. He didn't come this far giving everyone in his path a hug and a friendly smile.

He is a dangerous man to test. His patience is a thin string and he doesn't like questions. It's like defying his ruling over you to him. He doesn't like it.

"Hmm?" I hum tiredly. Because I was up most of the night dreading that he would come into my room as angry as he was before, I didn't sleep very well. My back hurts from sleeping in a ball and my eyes are heavy. The only good thing that came out of being here last night were the churros.

"I need you to get ready for the day." He mumbles, adjusting the shirt that's falling off of my shoulder. I remain calm. After thinking things through last night after he had left me to sleep, his touch doesn't seem as welcoming as it did before our hateful encounter. "We've got a lot to do today."

I shy away from him and twiddle my thumbs around. I lose eye contact with Calvin and focus on my thighs. The bruise isn't there anymore, but the reminder of how hateful his touch can be still lingers on my skin.

"You've got a lot to do today." I reply lowly, running my hands over my face. All I want to do today is take the long trip back to my parents and sleep in my old bed. I feel out of place here.

Calvin let's out an heavy sigh and paces the room. "You're still mad." He states the obvious. I glance over my shoulder at him and see that he's infuriated. "You said that it was fine." He huffs. Suddenly, fear rises. I flinch at the tone of his voice and cower away from him.

"I just wanted you to leave me alone!" I reply, my voice trembling. I lied to him about it being fine. I just wanted him to leave me be.

"You can't lie to me, Gray!" Calvin shouts into the tension filled air. I flinch at how hateful his words are and cover my face with my hands.

Tears leave my eyes no matter how hard I fight to keep them from coming out. My knees tremble in fear and my bottom lip quivers like it's below freezing outside. I need time to deal with all of this. It's hard to swallow your fears when they keep coming back- stronger.

The room falls silent. I cry softly, trying to contain the sounds coming from my mouth. "Gray.." I hear Calvin call out to me. I momentarily lift my eyes to meet his. He looks like he regrets everything he has just done. He swallows as he looks at my puffy eyes.

"Just leave me alone." I whimper, burying my head in my knees and try my best to stop crying.  It isn't going to happen any time soon.

"I can't." He replies softly.

"Why the hell not?" I snap, looking up at him.

"because you don't really want me to." He says softly. I blow out a slow breath. He's right and wrong at the same time. I want to be as far as the moon away from Calvin, but at the same time I want him to smash me between him and the bed.

"Do you want to go?" He asks. "It's your choice. I won't force you into anything you're not comfortable with."

"Yeah." I whisper. "I'll go." A wave of fear washes over me as I agree to go and meet the pack. I've only met Brax and it shouldn't even count as a meeting.

"I have to warn you, Gray, you have to earn your title there." He explains. I knot my eyebrows and look up at him in confusion but I don't beg for an answer. Instead, I agree with him by nodding my head and getting up to get ready for the day.