39-

I quietly kick my feet back and forth as I sit in the porch swing. My head is buzzing from the amount of liquor I've put into my body, but I don't mind.

Calvin digs into his pocket and pulls out a red box of cigarettes. Taking one, he brings the thing to his teeth and flicks the lighter. I focus in on the flame and pull my lip between my teeth.

"So, why do you think that he's involved?" I ask, breaking the silence.

Calvin turns to me and sucks in deeply before exhaling the smoke from his lungs. He makes sure to not get it anywhere near me.

"I've been around for too many years, and I've come to understand to pay attention to body language. Now- I'm not accusing him of anything ." Cal shrugs his shoulders and brings the cigarette to his lips again.

"His body language?" I knot my eyebrows. "Like, I don't get it. If he was against you, wouldn't he have not jumped from a building trying to get me out of it and back to you?" I scratch the side of my head.

"I don't know, Gray. You may as well just ask him."

I clench my jaw at the tone of his voice. "I hear a hint of jealously in your voice." I point out with a growl. Calvin blows out smoke and looks over at me.

"I don't want to talk about him." He grumbles. "I wouldn't want you to be scared of your little bed buddy- yes?" He raises an eyebrow.

I chew on the inside of my cheek. "What?" I snap. The change of his eyes makes me know that his wolf is out. Clearly his wolf has it out for Ben for even looking my direction.

"You heard me, Gray." He says lowly. I glare at his golden eyes and watch his body action. Talking about Ben- in such an innocent way- has set him off. Does he see Ben as a competition?

"Calvin, you and I- we haven't even been together." I point out. "Why in the hell would I waste my time with him when I've got you?" I grumble. He has pissed me off and it's only going on six. Guess who's sleeping alone!

Calvin flicks the cigarette into the grass and blows out the last of the smoke in his lungs. "Now, stop being such a jerk." I grumble.

"I'm going to kill him." Calvin promises, leaning against the railing. I roll my eyes.

"No you're not." I grumble. Cal won't kill my only friend. I won't allow it. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"He's going to fuck up one day, and I'll be there to see it happen." He grumbles. "I'm so sick of the way he looks at you." He huffs in annoyance.

"Stop being so jealous!" I stomp my foot. "It's not necessary! He doesn't want me, and I don't want anyone else but you- but if you keep this jerky shit up my mind will change." I snap. Suddenly, Calvin's features fall into a sorry one.

He shakes his head and his regular brown eyes are back. "Gray.." he says softly as I stand and open the front door.

"No, don't Gray me, Calvin. Leave me the fuck alone until that damn temper of yours is gone." I snap. I slam the door behind me and climb the stairs.

I don't bother going into our bedroom, instead I continue down the hall and into a empty bedroom.

I bury myself underneath the covers and shut my eyes. Calvin can go from super sweet, to a super dick in a matter of seconds. I'm so tired of the mood swings that come along with a werewolf.

     I lay in silence, trying to control the anger that Calvin had put in me. He can't just assume something like that! Why the hell would I have spent so much time trying to get him to mark me if I wanted to be with Ben? Why would he even think that I want to be with his beta?

The sound of something crashing downstairs makes me jump straight up in bed. I quickly scramble out the door and downstairs to make sure that Calvin is alright.

A hole in the dry wall makes my stomach churn, and as I walk into the living room, one of his lamps is lying in pieces on the floor. "Cal?" I call out softly. I can feel the pain in his link.

When I enter the kitchen, Calvin is holding a bottle of liquor with anger in his eyes. I swallow, hard.

"Calvin.." I say softly, wrapping my fingers around the neck of the bottle. He lets me take it from him, and sighs.

"I-" he shakes his head. "He-" his wolf, "I didn't mean for any of that." Calvin says softly. "He's afraid." He admits.

I dump the liquor down the sink, and I watch Calvin's eyes as he watches the liquid be wasted. Calvin's wolf hasn't acted up like this until he started drinking. Maybe his wolf is a mean drunk.

"Of what?" There's nothing to be afraid of. I want to tell him to stop being a baby and lay in the bed that he made. However, I can't, because I love him to death and I want to work this out.

"I'm afraid that you'll find someone better." He says, running his hands over his face.

"That's no excuse for being a complete ass to me." I say roughly. "Or a good excuse to tear up the wall and furniture." I wave my hand towards the living room where there's a huge mess.

"I know." He runs his hands through his hair and doesn't dare make eye contact with me. He knows just how pissed I am, and to be honest, he seems scared to see me like that.

"Calvin, you've got to stop beating yourself up over the one thing that is never going to come true. Why would you even think something like that?" I knot my eyebrows. "I will always have a good time with people, but you, Calvin, can't be replaced." I mumble.

"So, you're not mad?" He asks, lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"Oh, no. I'm not mad." I mumble. "I'm pissed." I cross my arms over my chest.

Calvin sighs. "Is there anything you want that will make up for it?" He gives me a gentle smile and I shake my head.

"I want to yell at him, but that'll probably turn him on-"

"He's always turned on." Calvin says with a roll of his eyes and a smirk on his lips.

I chew on my bottom lip, completely frustrated with the man in front of me. "Stop doing those sexual remarks!" I frown. Calvin sighs.

"You're no fun." He pouts. "Do you want some ice cream? I don't mean to make you so mad that you shake..." he watches my arms tremble with anger.

I glare at him. "Stop being so damn bipolar. Pick up your fucking mess. I'm going back upstairs and I'll read a book or something." I grumble, turning on my heels and going back from where I had come from.