38- golden

Loyalty. That is the one think the entire world can agree on that is an important factor of the human race. The simple word alone can either bring someone together- or tear them apart. Loyalty is something that every single one of us relies on.

Calvin has based his life around that factor. He trusts Benjamin and his warriors to keep the pack safe and under control. If only one of them breaks their loyalty with him- it could mean harm to him or the pack. Loyalty and trust are the two most dangerous things that one has to put themselves through.

"Hello?" Ben waves a hand over his face and I blink, focusing my attention back to the blonde-bafoon in front of me. He makes a face, and I can't exactly tell what he's thinking.

"Hey, don't look so sour." He pouts, "I was hoping that you wouldn't start being as mean as Calvin after he marked you- but so far my hope is fading- fast." He grins. I roll my eyes and don't take his comment to heart.

"Calvin is only mean to you, because you're annoying." I joke. Half-heartedly. I mean, Ben can get annoying. He's too...cocky.

"I mean, that and I can't exactly give him ya know.." he wiggles his eyebrows. My mouth nearly drops to the floor. "What?" He knots his eyebrows at my face.

"Are you serious? You don't say something like that BEN!" I yell, slapping his chest and brushing past him. Calvin is in the kitchen making lunch. Benjamin had come over to visit and talk to Cal about something they don't want me to hear.

It's rather annoying, honestly. Calvin and Ben always seem to feel the need to leave me out of things. Ben follows behind me into the kitchen and scratches the side of his head.

"Something like what?" He knots his eyebrows. "Oh-OH!" He snorts and laughs as he finally gets what I mean. "No, no. I didn't mean that. I'd rather not know what you two do when I'm not around, GROSS. I mean, yay for you guys and all, but GROSS. No." he snickers. "I meant that I can't give him a family." He laughs and rubs the back of his neck. "I mean- not any time soon- unless you want to but like I'm a dude and Ya know a boy and a boy can't get each other pregnant and-"

"Ben, you're getting on my nerves." Calvin says, wiping his hands clean with a towel. "Stop digging your grave- it's already deep enough, yes?" He raises an eyebrow and looks down at Benjamin who looks up at him shamefully.

"Yes." He sighs in defeat, looking back down at his feet. I glare at Calvin in silence and he raises an eyebrow. Elbowing him in the ribs, he clears his throat.

"If we were to have a baby, you'd be the first to know. But- we aren't, and we won't- at least for awhile." Cal says leaning against the counter. Ben lifts his eyes and lets out an uneasy breath. He seems to be terrified of Calvin after what he had said.

Cal doesn't exactly sound sincere or at all apologetic, so I look at Ben and give him a gentle smile. "You weren't wrong about the mean part- but I'll set him straight Benny." Ben gives me a smile.

"I'm not mean," Calvin defends himself, looking between the two of us. "I'm just...serious." He shrugs. I roll my eyes.

"Stop being so mean to Ben, or else." I glare into Calvin's eyes and he raises an eyebrow. An amused smile grows on his lips.

"Did you just threaten me with sex?" He chuckles. I continue to glare at him, mindless of our height difference, and the fact that he can break me in a matter of moments.

"Would you like me to say it out loud?" I glare at him. Calvin's stance wavers and he lets out a sigh in defeat. No nice, no sex.

"Sorry Ben." Cal says with a sigh, running his fingers through his hair. "I'll try to stop being so mean. Just..don't take it to heart." Ben cracks a smile after seeing how Calvin acts with my threats.