25

Before Calvin had showed up at my kitchen table, I never really understood the pull of a mate bond. Mom had always described it as a magnet. The two of them will always be drawn to each other- even when they don't want it to.

   That's exactly how it feels when I think about Calvin. Even though we haven't completely finished the mating process- the bond is just like mom had described no doubt. I always have this constant need to want to be by his side- to touch him- to keep him going. Being around him is possibly the best feeling that I have ever experienced, and I don't want that to end.

"What's on your mind?" Calvin wonders, curling his fingers around my chin and tilting my face to look up at him. Our lips are only centimeters apart, and the warmth of his breath fans over my face. This is where I want to be forever- under his touch. I momentarily sulk in the feeling of him. The tingles that shoot through me when we just barely brush our skin on each other gives me a rush.

If Calvin and I would have marked each other and completed the bond, he would have easily been able to tap into my mind and figure out what I was thinking. Along with how I feel, and if I'm okay. My eyes stare at his mouth, then his nose, and finally I meet his eyes. He's absolutely breathtaking. Something that photoshop can't even re-create. Calvin is beautiful- flawed, but absolutely perfect for me.

I cannot begin to imagine living without him. If it had taken longer for us to find each other- would we have gone on and lived separate lives? Calvin could defiantly find someone. Everyone looks at him like they'll lie on their backs in a blink of an eye. He is charming and has a smile that can kill. He's dangerous; and not because of what he does; but what he's capable of doing. I haven't ever experienced him being manipulative, but with his way of words I know he is capable of pulling it off.

My eyes stare into his, and for awhile I can see our future together. The happiness, the joy, the sad times- all of our friends, everything. "You." I respond so quietly even I have trouble hearing it. The feeling I get when Calvin looks at me makes me turn red. Butterflies erupt in my stomach when his lips curl into an innocent smile.

I always feel so special when he grins. Calvin always takes his work serious- and I have a feeling he never really smiles at anyone while he's on the job. Even with Braxton, he's always so serious. But- I guess you stop noticing after you get used to not caring about anyone.

Everyone he knows lives and then they die- except for him. Calvin has had to learn to live without emotion, and me bringing that back into him may have just messed him up. "I wish I knew what you were thinking, because your eyes are lighting up and I absolutely adore seeing you this happy." His hands cup my cheeks and he smiles as he leans forward and presses a kiss to my mouth.

Sparks ignite on my lips and they travel down to my toes. The feeling I get when we touch will never be as shocking as the first time. I'm in love with the feeling, the pull, everything about him. I kiss him back, all because I cannot get enough of him. No amount will ever be too much. You can never have too much of something as good as Calvin. Even if he doesn't believe he's good.

I have to reluctantly pull away to catch my breath. Calvin's thumb rubs circles in my covered thigh as he looks me over. He drinks me in, and I do the same to him. My eyes flicked off his body to the cab driver, who is quiet and concentrated on the road. When I turn back to Calvin, his nostrils flare as he takes in my scent.

What he's done to me. His eyes flicker between black to gold. He's having a battle within himself to keep control- and at this point I don't care if he loses it. I want Calvin all to myself, and he knows that. Just by the smell coming off of me. He's the only one that can turn me on the way I am. I pull my lip between my teeth and meet his eyes.

"What are you thinking?" I ask, knotting my eyebrows. Calvin had been lost in his own littler world for awhile. His breath fans my face as he inches closer.

"Im trying to think of something other than bending you over every piece of furniture in my house." He grins. I squeeze my thighs together because his words make me that much more frustrated. When he smiles, I can't help but notice the two shiny white canines that extend and rest on his bottom lip like they've always been there.

Slowly, he carefully leans forward and presses his mouth to mine. I kiss him back and reluctantly pull away after a few seconds. "As much as I like your attention, I'd rather not ... eff in the back of a taxi car." Cal chuckles in response.

"You're such a tease." He mumbles, pressing a kiss to my cheek and relaxing against the door. I tiredly rest my head against his shoulder and shut my eyes.

"And you're not?" I respond, loving the feeling of his hands playing with my hair. This is true love- him playing with my hair without me even asking him to.

"Touché."

SO SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT AND DOESNT FILL YOU IN ON MYCH. I Wanted to continue on with the next chapter and I couldn't bring myself to add any good context to this without clueing you guys in on what's about to happen 😩💔