11

"Are we going anywhere else?" I ask Calvin cluelessly

"Are we going anywhere else?" I ask Calvin cluelessly. I don't want any more surprise stops on the way. I'm not going to tell him that though. I don't want to set him off.

"No, babydoll. Do you want to go somewhere after I'm finished?" He offers, resting his hand against my thigh. I shut my eyes as a ball of nerves crawls up my body.

"No, not really." I shrug. "Can I go see my parents soon?" I ask, facing Calvin. He focuses on the road and doesn't answer me for awhile.

"Soon, baby. I have responsibilities here that need my attention right now." He says gently. I think it's his way of saying not anytime soon. I frown and curl against the car door.

"Yeah. Sorry, I forgot." I sigh. I miss my mom. Her and I used to always watch television together. Now all I have is Calvin, and quite frankly I can't talk to him about hot actors or drama.

"Stop looking so sad, you're making me feel bad." He frowns and faces me when the car has been parked. I glance over at him and let out a breath. I poke out my bottom lip and face him.

"Fine, Gray. I'll see what I can do. Just don't get your hopes up." He says gently, unbuckling my seatbelt. I give him a smile, and he shakes his head with a laugh.

"You're so spoiled." He comments more to himself than me before climbing out of the car. I grin over at Calvin, who is still looking at me like he's going to eat me alive.

"This is like the size of your house." I mumble, looking at the sheer beauty of the new pack house. I take in a deep breath and catch all the powerful scents filling the air. I cringe at the smell of wet dog.

"I like my house, and it's not anywhere near the size of this place." He says, "besides, I want a few kids in a few years. Leave me alone, woman." He rolls his eyes and holds his hand out for me. I take it and give him an innocent grin.

The fact that he almost attacked me last night has slipped my mind. I feel comfortable around him. Like I've known him my whole life.

"maybe in a few centuries." I say with a roll of my eyes. Calvin only glances at me and gives me a grin. I wonder what's going through his mind, but I don't ask. He's a man of many secrets.

  We step into the house and walk into the living area. A television is mounted on the wall, and two guys are arguing over what to watch. I flinch when their arguing turns into a fist fight.

Calvin pushes me behind him and let's loose a loud growl. I whimper at the intensity of it, and suddenly the guys stop dead in their tracks.

"Oh shit, hey Calvin." I hear a familiar voice mumble. I'm trembling with my head in Calvin's back. He takes my hand and brings it to his lips. "Nate and I...we were just..uh playing." He tries to make up an excuse.

"I don't care what you were doing. Just don't do it inside you idiot." Calvin grumbles. He pulls me to his side and let's out a breath.

The guy looks at Calvin and then at me. His eyebrows knot and then he turns back to Calvin. I know that they're mind linking.

"Gray, this is Sean. He's a good friend of mine." Calvin introduces me to him. Sean reaches out his hand and I hesitantly shake it.

"Luna." He bows, grinning. I swallow and pull my hand back to my side. "Do you like everything so far?" He asks.

I slowly nod my head. "Yeah. I really like it here." I smile. Calvin chuckles softly and he turns his attention to making sure the house is to his liking. He's a very picky man.

"I'm very glad to hear that." Sean says with a welcoming smile. I smile back and thank him for no apparent reason. "Would you like anything?" He offers. I shake my head against the idea.

"No thank you," I smile, "but I might take you up on that offer later." I glance at Calvin. "His five minutes is way longer than a regular five minutes." I grin.

"You're totally right." Sean says, "I'm here if you need anything." He glances over at Calvin's back and smiles. "I'm the guy you go to when you want to have fun." He chuckles.

Calvin let's out a breath and looks between the two of us. "Sean, can you go..I don't know....fuck yourself?" Calvin's voice has a slight anger to it. I swallow and look up at him with my eyebrows knotted.

"I yes sir." Sean drops his head and quickly scatters away before even dismissing himself. I look up at Calvin and frown.

"You did have to be so mean." I pout. "He was really nice." I cross my arms over my chest and don't dare break eye contact with him.

Calvin rolls his eyes. "He was flirting with you, Gray. You're Mine." He growls. A wave of fear washes over me from the look in his eye. I rest my hands against his chest and immediately feel some of the tension drift away.

"I'm yours." I assure him. Sean was only being friendly, but Calvin won't believe me. It's not the fact that Sean was being nice and having conversation with me- it's the fact that Calvin's wolf has too much power and he is territorial.

He pushes a strand of hair from my face and leans down to plant a gentle kiss on my lips. "Soon." He sighs, and leaves me completely lost as to what he means by it.