Chapter Five

A/N; The song on the side is what Elvis sings at the club! Another note at the bottom, like always.

It was 4:30. MaryJane sat in the booth across from the man she just met. He stared at the menu, while she examined his face almost fully covered from the shadow of the hat on his head.

Making eye contact with her, Elvis said,"MaryJane, ain't ya gonna eat?"

She sighed and dropped her gaze to the menu. She was still trying to understand this man and the situation. It felt as if her eyes were filled with mud. She couldn't see last night's events clearly. She needed someone to fill her in. Elvis Presley just happened to be that person.

MaryJane had spent all afternoon talking with him about their little slumber party. He answered nicely, though she sometimes asked the same question multiple times. The man had to have patience.

It was around five o'clock when Elvis excused himself from their table that was covered with food. She watched as he walked to a door near the back.

A few minutes later, a short, balding man in a suit strutted onto the stage. Microphone in hand, he said,"Ladies and gentleman, we have a real treat for you tonight-"

"Free apple pie?" A guy sitting in the back, hollered.

The man on stage chuckled. "Not tonight, Bill."

"Damn it," Bill snapped his fingers.

The man continued to speak into the microphone,"Tonight we have a special guest here to sing for us. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Elvis Presley!"

All the girls began screaming, causing MaryJane's head to hurt, as the music began playing. Elvis and a few other guys with instruments walked out on the stage. Elvis stood in front of the microphone and began singing an unfamiliar song. It was the first time MaryJane had ever heard one of his songs.

"A well I bless my soul

What's wrong with me?

I'm itching like a man on a fuzzy tree

My friends say I'm actin' wild as a bug

I'm in love

I'm all shook up"

MaryJane's foot began to tap. She stomped on it with her other foot, shocked she was actually enjoying the music. But she didn't see what the big deal was. There was nothing bad about him...

Until his hips began to swivel, his legs begging to shake. A gasped escaped MaryJane's lipstick stained lips as Elvis moved about the stage. Every other woman in the club hollered with excitement.

After a couple songs, Elvis announced he was leaving. Screaming and applauding filled the room as MaryJane went backstage and was greeted by the sweaty King of Rock and Roll.

"How did you like it?" He asked, grinning.

MaryJane's was still in shock. Her eyes were wide, her heart still pounding. "I-it was great," she cracked a smile.

She didn't know if she was lying or not. She didn't mind the song, but the dancing was a little extreme.

"Come on, before we get trampled," Elvis said, taking her small hand, and running towards his Cadillac.

MaryJane couldn't help but giggle as they ran towards the car. "There's no one out here!"

"That's good," he said, trapping her against his car, putting his hands on her hips and looking her in her big brown eyes.

She didn't do anything but look back into his blue eyes, mesmerized. She had no idea he was closing the space between them, coming in for the kill.