Chapter Twenty-Four

"I have an announcement!"

After waiting for what seemed like hours on the alter, Kevin heard the little bitch, Charlotte yell as she walked down the middle of the church.

"MaryJane has gotten sick and needed to leave," Charlotte yelled.

The entire sanctuary gasped.

"What the hell?" Kevin yelled, knocking over a pot on the steps.

He watched Charlotte leave the sanctuary into the room behind it. Following her, he shut the door behind them.

"Oh, Kevin," she said as she saw him.

"Listen, Charlotte," he said as quietly as he could, holding in his anger. "I'm only going to ask you this once and I better get a answer this damn minute."

Charlotte sat on the sofa as she watched him with cautious eyes. "Yes sir."

"Where is she?"

"Kevin-"

He interrupted her, angrily, through clenched teeth, "Damn it, I need to know if I'm getting married today or not. Tell me where she is."

She sighed. "She's sick and it could potentially become severe," she said, folding her hands. "I hate to break it to you but it looks like your wedding is cancelled for today."

He crossed his arms. "You still haven't answered my question."

She stood up and looked him in the eyes. "I would tell you, but I'm afraid you'll go and rip her to pieces."

And with that she strutted to the door.

At this point, Kevin was boiling with rage. Rip her to pieces? He wouldn't do anything to permanently hurt her! But he was curious why they were being so secretive. Whatever the matter, he was going to find out. And soon.

---

Over the next few days, MaryJane and Elvis took sometime to themselves. Somedays they stayed in bed together, went to see a movie, they even went to the beach for a few days.

Together, they were happy and had no worries. They were doing things they never thought they'd do again since they had fought.

As they lay under a tree at Graceland, they laughed and talked about nothing specifically.

"Are you sure fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches are healthy?" MaryJane raised her eyebrow as she propped herself up on her elbow.

"Not the least bit," he laughed.

She rolled over, laughing as Elvis told her funny stories and tickled her. With him, she could relax and have a good time. For once, she felt young and free of worry and pain.

Elvis placed his hands on either side of her face. "Ya know, I think I love you," he said, his thick southern accent sending chills down her spine.

"I think I love you too," she murmured as his icy blue eyes hypnotized her.

He sat up as an idea hit him. "It's time you meet my boys."

MaryJane smiled, feeling honored to meet Elvis' friends. The one, Red seemed nice enough. The other guys had to be just as nice, right?

Little did MaryJane know what she was getting herself into.

---

Elvis had decided to host a pool part for the Memphis Mafia and MaryJane. She began to set out glasses of Coca-Cola as the cars pulled in.

She took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

"Nervous?" Elvis asked as he wrapped his arm around her.