Chapter Eleven

Tears dripped down Kevin's miserable face as he lay face down in his bed surrounded by the mess of his apartment. Empty beer bottles in pieces on the floors, chairs turned over from his anger. The whole apartment was a wreck. He got angry and just threw or broke anything in his sight. And MaryJane tipped something's over on her way out.

MaryJane. How could he do that to her? He loved her to death! She must hate him now! She would never come home now.

He lifted himself up, slightly. It would take all his strength to get out of this bed. Was it worth it? In his bed, he could rest, as if he needed to anymore, and cry in peace. His bed was the only place he felt good anymore. Should he really leave it and enter the miserable world?

Nope, he thought, dropping down onto the bed, burying his face into the wet pillow. He nearly screamed just thinking about having to leave his room. He'd have to leave to get more of what helped him the most. Alcohol. Eventually, he'd have to find MaryJane, though she probably wouldn't want to be found by him.

Kevin also had work to think about. His boss, Christopher Schaffer, was also his best friend. He knew that when Kevin didn't show up for work, he was dealing with something. Christopher understood so Kevin was covered for. But that could only last another day before Christopher would show up at Kevin's door to see what the issue is. Kevin had to heal himself soon.

Pushing himself up once again, he slipped off the bed. Once he was balanced on his feet, he stumbled out of his bedroom and into the living room. He cringed at the sight and smell of it. Everything was upturned, nothing was right. He put his hand on his head. That'll be a hell of a mess to clean up.

Ignoring the mess, he made his way to the bathroom and hopped into the shower. Whether he wanted to or not, he was going to work. No one could know about his problems.

---

Christopher was the first to greet Kevin as he walked towards his office. That's how it always was. Kevin talked to everyone later, when he wanted to carry a conversation. He was very popular in his work place. Everyone was his friend. Imagine how that could change if they found out, Kevin thought.

"Hey, Kevin," Christopher said, shaking his hand and placing his other hand on Kevin's shoulder. "I haven't seen you in a while. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," Kevin said, freeing his grip from Christopher.

"All right. I'll talk to you later."

Kevin turned around and walked straight to his office. He set his briefcase on his desk right next to the picture frame that held the black and white picture of him and his fiancé, MaryJane. He quickly put it face down so he wouldn't have to see her beautiful face that he missed so much.

He sighed and buried his face in his hands. It was going to be hard to find her. Hell, he didn't even know the first place to look.

How was he supposed to focus on working with the one question running through his mind, causing him to panic and worry? Where, oh where could my fiancé be?

---

Charlotte's weary eyes stared at the papers scattered on her desk. She'd been up all night again, worrying about MaryJane. She knew MaryJane felt safe and secure where she was and who she was with but Charlotte didn't. MaryJane had good judgement, but her judgement could be wrong.

Thinking back to the last phone call between her and MaryJane, she shook her head. She practically hung up on Charlotte like she had some place to run to. She could have sworn she'd heard Elvis Presley's music in the background. MaryJane hated Elvis Presley! Maybe Charlotte was mistaken though.

"Charlotte?"

Her head whipped towards the door. A welcoming smile appeared on her lips as she saw the man standing in the doorway. Henry Winters, the handsome boss man Charlotte had been dying to talk to for the past few weeks, stood leaning against the door frame. His dark hair was slicked back, his green eyes sparkled.

"Hello, Henry," she said, still smiling.

He entered her room and stood in front of her paper filled desk. Her heart fluttered as he ran his hands through his hair.

"How have you been?" She asked as an awkward silence began.

"Well," he said. "How about you?"

"I've been good," she said, sweetly. Even better now that you're here, she thought.

After a pause, Henry wrinkled his forehead and said,"So I hear you and MaryJane Campbell are close friends. Is that correct?"

Charlotte's heart stopped. Why was he asking? Where would this conversation go? She swallowed the lump in her throat, nervously.

"Y-yes, that's right."

"Is there a reason why she has not reported for work in the past couple days?" He asked, his tone scaring her.

"Umm...she's v-visiting family," she stammered.

"If she doesn't return to work within the next two days, she's fired," he said, heading back to the door.

Almost silently, she whispered,"Okay."

As Henry walked out the door, Charlotte slammed her fist on the desk. She hated to think that MaryJane was in the amount of trouble that she's in. She needed to be found. And soon.

A/N: What did you guys think? No MaryJane or Elvis, sorry! But you'll get a little taste of them next chapter!

I'm about to start a new book called The Bad Boy in Kentucky. More details will be posted sometime so keep an eye out for it.

For a limited time I will Follow back if you Follow me! Follow for Follow!

Thanks

-PYW