Chapter Eight

MaryJane's heart pounded as she sat in her office, thinking of the movie she saw just ten minutes ago. Did she overreact? It was just some girl Elvis had to kiss for the movie. And it was just a movie.

But it hurt so much to see him with another girl. Even though MaryJane and Elvis were never together, it really broke her heart.

She hit her fist on the table. That jackass was making her a jealous fool! She didn't want to be a jealous fool, but she couldn't help it.

After minutes of thinking about it, she remembered Kevin. Even though he had quite a temper, she loved him more than anything. They had so many great memories together. They went back all the way to their Junior year of high school. He would take her out every Friday to get ice cream, and cuddle in the back of his parents' car he'd borrow. She'd do anything to go back to days of being a teenager with nothing to worry about.

MaryJane came to the conclusion she was only in love with one man and one man only; Kevin. Standing up, she gathered her things and headed for the door. She grabbed the doorknob just as it turned under her hand. Charlotte?

She backed away as a figure walked inside. This figure just happened to be the man she had been thinking about ever since the morning he'd dropped her off.

Elvis Presley.

---

Elvis had finally found MaryJane's office after following the familiar roads to her house. When he went to her apartment and no one answered, he'd looked in the directory for her office. He drove there and excitedly strode up the stairs to the room.

He couldn't believe what he was doing. He was going to extremes just to get ahold of this girl. But she was worth it.

He finally reached her door, and he excitedly grabbed the doorknob. You can do this, he told himself. He twisted the doorknob and pulled the door open. There stood the beauty herself, MaryJane. Her hair was still that curly brown that fell down her shoulders. She still had the same full, red lips. But she wasn't wearing that dazzling red dress.

"Elvis," she breathed out his name, shock filling her face as he pulled her back inside the room.

They stood in the dark room in silence, just like the last night at the hotel. Elvis couldn't help but think back to that amazing night and smiled.

He had so much to say, but his lips just couldn't find the words. Part of him wanted to take her in his arms and carry her back to his home. But the little angel sitting on his shoulder told him to take it slow. Damn that angel, Elvis thought.

"Um, is there a reason why you're in my office this late?" MaryJane questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I wanted to talk."

"About?"

"That night at the hotel."

She huffed. "I told you to forget that ever happened, Elvis."

"But-"

"There's nothing to talk about," she interrupted, anger filling her voice as she stomped towards the door.

He smiled to himself as her back faced him. She was adorable when she got angry. But he couldn't let her stay angry. He was here to win her over.

He grabbed her arm and pushed her gently against the wall. The moonlight illuminated their faces through the single window in MaryJane's dark office. Boy, did she look breathtaking.

"I'm crazy about you, MaryJane," he whispered into her ear.

Her big brown eyes stared into his own eyes turning his legs to jelly. He couldn't help himself any longer. He was going to lose control.

He pressed his lips to hers, kissing her roughly. He could feel the goosebumps rising on her arms as he slid his tongue on her bottom lip. MaryJane wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Their bodies pressed together.

Nothing could ruin this amazing moment. Nothing. MaryJane was right there with him, in his arms, kissing him back. This was perfect.

"MaryJane!" A voice chimed from the other side of the door.

MaryJane pulled away from Elvis, as he placed his hands on the wall, trapping her there. There was no way he was letting her go.

"MaryJane!"

She put her finger on Elvis' lips, telling him not to speak.

"Listen, MaryJane. Kevin probably isn't happy that you went out tonight. You might want to hurry up before he tracks you down," the voice rang again.

Damn that stupid Kevin. MaryJane deserves better than him. Elvis would let her go out with whomever and whenever she wanted just to make her happy instead of keeping her at the house like a tied up dog.

"Charlotte, I'll be right out," MaryJane squeaked.

"Okay. But I suggest you hurry."

They waited for the footsteps to fade away from the door. MaryJane took her fingers away from his lips and squirmed to try to get free of his firm grasp against the wall. Elvis let her go so she wouldn't be upset.

"I hope you're satisfied, Mr. Presley," she said, anger in her tone as she strode for the door. "Because that won't be happening again.

Elvis watched her walk out the door, too hurt to even try to get her to stay. His plan failed, he had to try something new.

As he stood in the dark, silent room, he knew from the first time he saw her, this was going to be a struggle. But he was no where near to giving up. He knew he wasn't going to be leaving Virginia for a while.

A/N: Hey Guys! So this was a shorter chapter and I'm so sorry it took forever for me to update.

A lot of people were worried when I didn't update right away that I was going to quit writing the story. I would never do that without saying so. I will tell you when I plan to stop instead of not saying anything.

I would also like a few more friends on Wattpad. Please don't hesitate to inbox me, I promise I'll respond. (:

But yeah, thanks for everything!
Xoxo
-PYW