Chapter Six

"Look, I said I was sorry!" Elvis exclaimed as he sped down the busy road to the hotel.

He had been apologizing for the entire ride. He couldn't help himself back there. Just the intense look in MaryJane's eye turned him on. All he wanted was a small peck on the lips that would mean nothing. Well at least it shouldn't to MaryJane.

"You should have known I'm engaged!" She raised her voice, slightly, turning to him and showing him her left hand with the sparkly ring on it.

"It's kind of hard to see specks of dust," he said, squinting his eyes at the little ring.

A beautiful girl like MaryJane deserved a bigger, better ring than that little grain of sand attached to a wire. What kind of man would get a ring like that for a girl to show off to everyone? Elvis wanted to knock some sense into the fool.

"I'll have you know, that ring was very expensive!" She huffed.

Elvis smirked. "I'll bet."

MaryJane raised her eyebrows at him.

"What? I heard sand was getting to be expensive," he said, trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Ha-ha, very funny," MaryJane said, sarcastically.

"Honey, you're the one who jumped in my car back there. You're going to have to put up with me," he reminded her that he didn't have to be her chauffeur.

"I would love to jump out of this car," she mumbled.

Elvis pretended he didn't hear her comment. He didn't want to upset her anymore. Give her some space.

They pulled into the hotel around 7:30. MaryJane followed close behind Elvis to their room near the top floor.

"Why can't I have my own room?" MaryJane whined as Elvis made the bed.

"I ain't wasting my good money on another room when we're gonna leave tomorrow morning!" He said, making up excuses just to be with MaryJane. He couldn't care less about spending his money.

"Where do you expect me to sleep?" She asked. "I get the bed."

"No, no. I get the bed, little missy," he said, waggling his finger at her.

MaryJane bounded for the bed, but Elvis jumped on it before her. She landed on his back in a fit of laughter.

"I can't believe I thought that would work!" She said through her laughs.

Elvis couldn't help but laugh with her as he pushed her off him onto the floor with a thump.

"That wasn't very nice!" She squealed as she jumped up, her hair a mess.

He flipped over on his back, as MaryJane tried to tackle him again. This time, he grabbed her and held her.

"You ain't going no where, little girl," he whispered into her ear.

She put her finger on his bottom lip. "Ya know, maybe we could share the bed."

Did he hear her right? She suggested to share the bed? Just the sound if that drove him insane.

"That's a good idea," he murmured.

He gave MaryJane his shirt for her to change into. In the cool, dark room, they held onto each other in the warm, cozy bed. Neither of them had anything to worry about that night.

All that went through Elvis' mind was had he won her over? Was she his? Or was this just a one nightstand?

But all that mattered was that they slept in the same bed for the second time.

---

"MaryJane." Push.

"MaryJane." Another push.

"MARYJANE!" A big push onto the fluffy carpet.

MaryJane lifted her aching head off the floor to see Elvis' feet beside the bed.

"You could have chose a nicer way to attempt waking me up," she grumbled, gripping the side of the bed to help her up.

"I'm sorry, darlin. You just kinda rolled," he said, wrapping his arms around her tiny body, still clothed only with his long shirt.

MaryJane laid her head on his chest. She felt safe around him. She could tell he cared.

"Are you ready to go home?" He asked into her ear.

She nodded. "I'll go change." She picked up her red dress that she'd worn for two days, went into the bathroom to change, and came back out with Elvis' shirt. He put it on and helped her gather all her belongings.

They walked down to his Cadillac, arm looped around arm. MaryJane hesitantly got into the car, unsure if she wanted to leave.

You have a fiancé, MaryJane. You can't act like this. She told herself as they made their way down a city road bordered by buildings.

She cleared her throat. "Look, it's best if we act like the past couple days didn't happen." She didn't want to look at Elvis, knowing he'd be upset.

Silence took over before he said anything. "O-okay," he finally said, his voice cracked.

The entire ride was silent until Elvis stopped the car in front of MaryJane's apartment complex in Virginia.

"I really appreciate all you've done," she thanked him before she opened the door.

"Sure," he said quietly.

MaryJane made her way away from Elvis, thinking she'd never see him again. She didn't want that. But she'd have to live with that. She turned to wave to him as he sped back towards the main road.

She sighed and got ready for the worst.

Kevin.

---

6:48 a.m. Stay away from that liquor, Kevin, he told himself as he stared at the refrigerator, waiting for something, anything positive to happen. He'd been waiting for MaryJane to come crawling back into his arms all night but she never did.

He was done trying to scare her. Maybe it was his fault she'd ignored him. He had to be nicer to her.

Knock. Knock.

Was that a knock at the door? Or was Kevin hallucinating?

He jumped up and nearly sprinted the three steps to the door. Crossing his fingers, he jerked the door open.

MaryJane.

Kevin grabbed her and pulled her inside his apartment. He planted kissed in every spot visible.

"Where have you been?" He gasped between kisses.

She held on to his shoulders. "I got left behind-"

Kevin interrupted her with a kiss. "That's a great story. Sweetie, can you go make me something to eat?"

Kevin could hear her sigh. "Sure thing."

With that, she walked over to the ever so familiar place to get to work. The stove.

A/N: Not the best chapter.. I'm so sorry I didn't update earlier! I've been going through a lot and school's gotten in the way.

But next update should be very soon because I've already started writing it. It's going to be much more exciting.

Please comment your feelings and vote! It'd mean so much if you guys did so.

Thanks everyone!

xoxo
-PYW