Chapter Thirty

The soft sound of a piano played in the background in the fancy restaurant where MaryJane and Elvis were having a double date with Red and Charlotte.

The past year had been busy and exhausting with all the movies being filmed as well as all the concerts being performed. As a result of that, MaryJane and Elvis had barely gotten a chance to be a couple.

While Elvis was away, MaryJane had to stay back at Graceland most of the time, or else Colonel Tom would have a cow.

Recently, MaryJane's biggest fears were beginning to happen. Their relationship was starting to crack and drift away because of disputes they had. Sometimes, Elvis would kiss young girls in a crowd, and it would break MaryJane's heart. She knew a kiss to a fan didn't mean anything, but those lips were hers and hers only! Not for any other girl to use!

Of course, she told Elvis how she felt and he went off on her, explaining he did it for thrills and she should understand that. But she didn't. How could a man who was supposedly in a committed relationship go and kiss other girls?

She had given up on trying to get him to change and sighed, thinking she would get used to his actions and accept it.

Now, as they sat together in the restaurant, you wouldn't be able to tell there was a fight at all. Elvis's arm was draped around her shoulders as she rubbed his leg under the table, occasionally leaning over to kiss him.

But beneath the smiles, MaryJane wasn't at all happy anymore. Not only with her relationship with Elvis, but with her parents as well.

Neither of them had spoken to their only daughter since she left. They never called to ask if she was okay or to tell her they loved her. It was as if she didn't have parents anymore.

She was already aware of the fact that her parents were supporting Kevin, even after he had beaten the shit out of her.

And as for Kevin, she hadn't spoke to him either and was completely okay with that. She hoped and prayed he would stay as far away as he possibly could.

So, MaryJane spent her nights crying. Sometimes, she cut her thigh or skipped a meal. Nobody knew. Not even Elvis or Charlotte. But she could tell Red was beginning to suspect something.

She didn't know how much longer she could handle this. All she wanted was to get out of this but she had no idea how.

Her feelings would soon come out and she was going to make sure of that.

---

Kevin and Alan sat in the crappy apartment, drinking beer and throwing the empty bottles onto the ground when they finished.

For the past week, they had watched the news intensively in hopes of seeing Elvis and MaryJane. But so far, nothing.

"Kev, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Positive," Kevin answered, chucking another bottle across the room. "I already bought the damn pistol, there's no turning back now."

He heard Alan sigh as he turned his attention back to the television screen. He knew the chances of him seeing MaryJane was slim but for some reason, he really wanted to. He missed her brown eyes, her soft hair, and tanned, smooth skin. He hated that all that now belonged to Elvis fucking Presley. He clenched his fist and growled. He wanted to shot the bastard now.

"We've got to do this soon, Alan," he said as he opened another beer.

He couldn't sit back any longer and watch the love of his love fall for Elvis' charms. He wanted her back. He needed her back. Desperately.

It was happening.