Chapter 1: Because she's Family

(Edited)
I put on my shoes and a black sweater then snuck out of my window. I walked out of the orphanage gates with ease considering its 5:12 and the sun is barley coming out. I decided that I needed a walk. Everyday I get bullied and abused by both workers and kids living at the orphanage. Honestly, it sucks.

I was walking by a small corner store when I saw a guy walking across the street. He was on his phone so he didn't notice the motorcycle coming speeding towards him. I have two options here, save him, or let him get hit. I don't have anything to live for so I might as well attempt to save him.

I ran as fast as I could and pushed him out of the way. We both went crashing to the floor but I saved him, I felt proud. The motorcycle just carried on like nothing happened.

I stood up and felt a sharp pain in my side. I looked at my side. Blood was soaking the bottom of my shirt. I lifted my shirt a little and saw a small cut. I probably just need a couple of stitches.

"Oh my god, are you okay, you're bleeding! I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention and- Thank you so much, but are you okay?" The guy asked. I nodded and looked up. Holy Crap!!! I just saved Alex Gaskarth's life!

"Thank you for saving my life how can I repay you?" I shook my head no then turned to start walking away. He doesn't owe me anything, I was just helping.

"Hey wait!" I stopped and looked over my shoulder, letting the hair that covers my face move to reveal the bruise I had on my cheek bone.

He ran up to me and grabbed my face softly. He moved the hair out of my face and examined my cuts and bruises. "Who did this to you?" He asked, letting go of my face. I shook my head no again, he doesn't need to worry about that. He has better things to worry about. I need to get back.

I walked to the orphanage and inside the gate where a pissed looking Lacy was waiting for me. Lacy is the 'mom' of the orphanage, and surprise surprise, she hates me.

"Where were you!?!" She yelled. When i didn't answer, she smacked me. I could feel blood coming from the cut she made on my face.

"Oh yeah you don't talk huh? Well go to your room and don't come out, no food for 3 days got it?" I nodded, I don't need to piss her off more. She grabbed me by my hair and threw me into the orphanage. She gave one final kick to my side before shutting the door and walking away. I fucking hate this place.

I think she broke a rib because I have never experienced pain like this before and it hurts to breath.

I limped to my room and looked in the mirror. Your gross, fat, a freak! Why are you still alive? No one loves you no one ever will! I said in my head as I looked at the worthless excuse for a human being.

I cleaned up my cuts then made my own on my arm. I cleaned those up then I got in bed and took a nap, it's the only time I get to sleep.

Alex's pov

After I saw the cuts on the girls face I had to know who was doing them and save her from these horrible people. She saved me I'll save her.

I followed her to a place called Jackson Orphanage. She walked in the fence and stopped in front of a lady who looked pissed.

"Where were you!?!" She yelled and smacked the girl. It looked like she made her bleed. "Oh yeah you don't talk huh? Well go to your room and don't come out, no food for 3 days got it!?!" This she-devil is literally Satan- no, Satan would be nicer.

This explains why she didn't talk to me thpugh. She doesn't talk at all. I looked up and saw the girl being dragged by Satan and thrown inside. She proceeded to kick the girl then closed the door. I have to get her out of there.