Chapter 36

"Hey Halo, Axel" Dad said as we entered the living room. "Hey papa!" I said and he pouted "yeah yeah, you feel old" I said then giggled. "Your not old!" I said and tried to grab Sophie's food from cupboard but couldn't reach.

"Who decided to put her food on top shelf you guys know I can't reach!" I whined. "Maybe you shouldn't be  so short then" Jack said as he walked into the kitchen. "I'm not short! I'm Frank Iero size" I said and glared at him. "Halo your shorter then Frank" Rian said. "Shut up" I said as Jack handed me her food.

"I'll be back" I said then pulled Axel with me upstairs. I put food in her bowl then took the food back downstairs and put it on the BOTTOM self.

"Wanna take Soph for a walk with me?" I asked Axel. "Sure" "k let me tell my dad" I said and walked into the kitchen.

"Dad me and Axel are gonna take Sophie for a walk, I'll be back soon ok?" "Yeah, be safe. Oh and try to not bring home other boys" he said and booped my nose. "What- I-" "I'm just messing with you" he said and I smiled at him.

"Have fun. Oh and be safe!" Dad said as I finished putting Sophie's black harness on her. "We will" I called back and attached the leash.

We walked out the door and down to the park. "So how've you been?" Axel asked. "100%" I said and laughed. "How about you?" I asked. "100% also" he said as we walked.

Every five seconds we'd have to stop though because Sophie though it was important to sniff every little thing in sight.

"Halo you look a little pale you ok?" "Axel I am pale" I said and laughed. He tilted his head then smiled. "Ok then, let's go down this road" he said and pointed left. I shrugged and we walked down that road.

It was a nice scenery with trees everywhere. Axel wrapped his arm around me then instantly pulled it back. "Halo" he said then put his hand on my forehead. "Your hot" he said and held my face with his hand to examine it. "You sure your ok?" He asked.

"Axel it's hot outside, I'm sure I'm fine. Quit worrying" I said with a small laugh. "Fine, but let's start heading home" he said and I looked over at him. He raised his eyebrows, I sighed "fine let's go."

The rest of the way back was silent but a comfortable silence. We interlocked our fingers and swung them back and forth as we walked.

Soph started to pull hard on the leash so I looked down at her. "Soph quit it" I said and pulled back on the leash a little but not enough to hurt her. She stopped moving and whimpered.

"Soph" I said and looked at her "Come on." She stood up and walked slowly with her head down. Why is she being so weird?

As we got a little closer to the park her head jerked up and she started to pull again. "Sophie!" I said and she got loose. "Sophie!" I yelled and we both ran after her.

She stopped in front of a small house. She looked back at me whimpered then barked. "Soph why are we here?" I asked and picked up her leash. She looked up at me then stood up.

I was about to say something when I was interrupted by yelling. I couldn't really make out what the person was yelling but me and Axel sent a glance to each other that said "damn I would hate to be the person being yelled at".

I walked up to the house and could see through the windows but there was no one in the front room.

I looked in and I swear I saw Jace but I'm not sure because right after I was pulled back by Axel. "Hurry, we gotta go" he said and started to pull me home.

"Why?" I asked. "The guy was coming I think he saw you. I didn't want anything to happen" he said. I nodded and we walked up to the door. I was about to knock when Jack opened it.

"Halo your home!" He yelled and wrapped his arms around me. He quickly let go and looked me up and down. "We're you running or something? Your on fire" he said and let us in. "No it's just hot outside" I said and took the leash of Soph. I took off her harness then put them both away.

"I need a nap, I'll see you later. Axel you can do what ever you want but I am freaking tired" I said as I walked up the stairs.

I got in bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

----
I woke up to another nightmare. Why am I having so many? It was also very warm in the room. I pushed off the blankets and grabbed my phone.

I looked through my contacts and clicked the one that said "dad" then pressed message. "Dad it's hot af" I texted him. I looked at the time and saw it was 3 in the morning. Crap I shouldn't have texted dad I don't know why I thought it was earlier.

Fuck my head hurts, you know what I'm over life. I rolled over in my bed in hopes of getter fresh but it wasn't working.

About two minuets later dad walked in the room and turned on the light. "Halo, one it's freezing, two it's three in the morning why are you awake?" He asked. "I woke up from a bad dream, what do you mean it's freezing? It's hot" I said and he walked over to me.

He put his hand on my forehead then pulled it back. "You feel ok, maybe it's hot because you spent all day under the covers" he said and I nodded. That makes sense.

"You had another bad dream?" He asked and I nodded. "Stay with me?" I asked. He nodded and went to turn off the light. He then opened the window a crack and jumped in bed with me.

I cuddled up next to him and fell asleep again.