Chapter 44

Sorry it took a long time for me to update. I wrote this chapter about 5 times before deciding I liked it.

-
I woke up to Josh shaking me. "Hey kiddo trees waffles downstairs, are you hungry?" He asked. I took a minuet to wake up before answering. "Um yeah ok, when did I get here?" I asked. "Oh your dad dropped you off at like 6 I'm the morning, what were you guys doing?" He asked curiosity showing.

"Oh, he took me to the beach and we were there till like 11. It was beautiful, and not crowded which is always great." I said and sat up. He nodded and I slowly hung my feet off the bed.

My phone started ringing so I picked it up not bothering to see who it was. "Hello?" "HALO!!!" Jack yelled and I pulled the phone away and rubbed my ear. I looked at the phone before hesitantly putting back up to my ear.

"You done yelling?" I asked. He laughed and say "yup." I looked up and saw Josh walking out the door. Great, I ignored him an he left. "Halo, guess what!" He said excitedly. "What Jack?" I asked with a slight chuckle. "You get to come home later!!!" He kind of sung. "That's great Jack, how's dad? I'm pretty sure he didn't get enough sleep" I said and I herd a shuffle before Jack replied with "he's still asleep." "I thought so. Anyways I'll talk to you later ok?" "Ok, bye Halo!!" "Bye Jack."

Josh walked back in with a plate of two waffles and a couple prices of bacon. "Thanks Josh but you didn't-" "well I did so enjoy. You can eat in here and watch tv or go out there and eat, whatever you want. I'm gonna go eat out there if you need me." "Ok, thanks again Josh" I said as he walked out. "Mmhm."

------
"So what was your favorite moment on tour?" Tyler asked me. I thought for a second before answering. "My favorite moment had to be the one with my dad." "Your gonna have to be a little more specific, you were always with you dad," he said and a small laugh left my lips. "Right sorry."

"It was about 3 in the morning and everyone was asleep except me and dad. I was sitting in the little area with the couches, you know what I'm talking about?" He nodded. "Well I was sitting there and looking outside. Dad got out of his bunk for a glass of water and noticed me sitting there so he sat next to me....."

Flashback

"What are you doing up?" Dad asked as he sat next to me. "I can't sleep. How about you?" "Me neither." We sat in silence before dad said "come outside with me." I tilted my head a little in confusion. Dad noticed and a small laugh came out followed by "just trust me."

I shrugged and walked outside with him. The bus was parked for the night and we were in a huge parking lot. "Wait I'm gonna get something" dad said and walked back in the bus. He popped his head out and motioned for me to come inside. "Why did you have me go outside?" "I forgot about the top of the bus" he said and grabbed my hand pulling me to the back. In his other hand was a blanket which he handed to me so he could open the top.

He climbed up and I handed him the blanket before climbing up myself. "So what are we doing up here?" I asked. He laid the blanket down on the bus roof and patted the spot beside him.
I sat next to him and he smiled at me. "What?" "Look up."

I looked up and saw stars filling the dark night sky. I looked around and was amazed. "It's beautiful isn't it?" "It's- .....breath-taking" I said as a smile found its way onto my face.

I looked over at dad and he looked just as amazed as me. "I love outer space. Is amazing, and beautiful." I nodded even though he was looking up at the sky.

"Halo?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you ever wonder what's out there?"
"What do you mean? You mean like aliens?" He laughed a little.

"No not aliens, just other planets. I mean I know there's other planets but I mean, planets in other galaxies. Aliens maybe but bigger things."

"Bigger things like God? Yeah I think there's a God. Or do you mean, bigger things like, I don't know....... If you mean bigger then us humans, then yes I do think there's something bigger. What about you?"

"I think there's something bigger too. I think there's a God. I especially think there's something bigger then us humans. I mean there's so many other galaxies that who know what's out there. I mean there's a billion galaxies right here where we're sitting, isn't that amazing?"

"It's incredible."

Flashback over

"For about an hour longer we just sat and talked about space, and stars, and galaxies. The one thing I loved the most was how happy dad was when he talked about it." I explained.

"That's great, what did you guys do yesterday? You were gone a long time." He asked as Josh entered. "Oh yeah you told me about the beach" Josh said as he sat on the couch next to Tyler.

"Like Josh said we went to the beach.it was beautiful. We got to walk in the water where if it was where it would normally be I would be shoulder deep in it" I said and the door bell ringing stopped the story telling. "I got it" I said and walked over to the door.

When I opened it I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. "Um- I- can't- breath-" I said through small breaths. "Sorry I just missed you so much!!!" Jack exclaimed as he let me out of the hug.

Tyler and Josh are to the door and talked with Jack as Rian, Zack, and dad walked over. I gave the guys a hug because I haven't seen them before Tyler and Josh invited them in.

"Thanks but we gotta go" dad said and winked at Tyler. "Oh right, and we have to go do something somewhere," Tuler said and winked back at dad.

"It was great having you here Halo, hopefully we can hang out again and tell each other more stories, see you later" Tyler said. I looked at both of them strangely. "Yeah hopefully" I said and gave them both hugs before getting into the car.