Chapter 52

This chapter is dedicated to @JoshRamsayIsWhyILive because without them I probably wouldn't have updated for another year. Sorry I took so long.
------

Rian agreed to take Axel home so dad and I could go for a drive. I loved being in the car, it was relaxing and I had time to think. I made myself comfortable before slipping off my shoes. I felt like saying something but nothing came to mind. I was completely tiered and I was glad we could just go for a drive.

My phone rang and I sighed before reaching into my pocket and grabbing it. It's Brendon.

"Hello?" "Who is it?" Dad mouthed to me. "Brendon" I said and Brendon answered with a "hmm". "I don't know you called me- are you drunk?" I asked an I heard a small laugh. "I'm wasted" he laughed. "Your not driving home right?" I asked. "N-no" he giggled "Dal-Dallons taking me home" I sighed and he said "Halo I want you to come over and we can hang out." His voice was slurred making it hard to understand.

"Brendon it's too late for me to go over right now" I said. "But Halooo!" "But Brendoooon!!" I complained back causing him to laugh. I smiled and looked over at dad who was interested in what was happening.

"Brendon your on speaker" I said. "Who's in the car with you?" He asked. "Just my dad" "Alex!!!!" He screamed. I tried not to laugh but it wasn't working a while as I hoped. "Yeah Brendon?" "Can I steal Halo from you?" "Brendon it's night you need to go to sleep you can have her tomorrow. How does 2:00 sound?" "That's puuuurrrrrfect" Brendon said making a purring noise. "Bye Brendon" I said and he complained about me leavening but eventually said bye.

We rode in silence and it was peaceful. I leaned against the car door and looked over at dad. A smile made its way to my face. I don't know where I'd be without him and the guys.

Dad looked over to me then back at the road. "Why are you smiling- I mean uh it's a good thing but why?" He asked. "Well dad if you must know it's be used if you, and the guys. You make me happy." Dad smiled "I'm glad Halo."

---

Very soon after we arrived at the TØP of the mountain and dad pulled over. I got out of the car and straightened out my dress.

"Halo look up" dad said. I looked up and smiled. The sky was covered in stars. I looked over at dad who looked like a kid in a candy store. I smiled and walked over to him. He looks at me an sent me a smile before wrapping his arm around me.

"So kiddo, wanna talk?" He asked as he glanced at the sky once more before returning his focus to me. Am I ready for this? He's your dad you should feel comfortable telling him this type of stuff. I am it's just, I barley understand what's happening. "Ok."

"Let's walk" he said and took my hand. I nodded and we started to walk along the small path. "So what's been going on?" He asked. "You don't seem as happy as you were, and a little more anxious" he said. "I'm not really sure. I mean I'm happy, but I'm not. And your right, I've been- my anxiety has been getting worse instead of better" I said not bothering to look up.

I kept my eyes glued to the path as we continued to walk. "Halo, when did you start to feel like this?" I thought for a second before replying. "I don't know, around the time what's-his-face showed up."

"What's-his-face?" "My bio dad" I said barley over a whisper, id be surprised if he even heard me. It was quiet for a little, he's probably thinking.

"Let's take one thing at a time yeah?" He asked causing me to looking up at him. "What do you mean?" "I mean, let's take one thing at a time. What's worse right now? I mean like what is- what's do you want to work in first? Your anxiety, or your depression?"

"Um, my depression" I said and he nodded. "Ok how about- Halo what's something that never fails to make you happy?" I thought for a moment. Sophie always makes me happy. "Sophie" I said and he nodded.

"How about, until you start to, how do I explain this, um, while your feeling like this- during this process, we take Sophie everywhere." "How would we do that? We can't take her to stores or anything like that."

"Actually if we get her registered as and emotional support dog then she can get into most places. How does that sound? And if it doesn't work we'll try something else" he said. "Ok, but what about my anxiety?" "Well Sophie can probably help with that too, if it doesn't then we'll find something else. I'm also gonna be checking up on you every now and then to see how your feeling ok?" "Ok."

----

We talked for a few more minutes before just relaxing and watching the stars. I'm really glad I got to talk with dad.

We soon got back in they car and headed home. On the way I fell asleep to dad singing to me.