the after maths

Have you ever felt like your life is on the verge of breaking, and you can’t do anything about it. For example, my Galaxy box is empty and I cried for half day. Can you believe it? Half day! That’s not the worst part I shouted on an old lady because she had the same speed on which I was driving.

This all and my monthly vast from Mother Nature is also delayed. I am never late on my period. I thought that’s why I was hormonal and going bomb on everyone. But when the lady asked me to take the pregnancy test. I lost my female balls.

So here I was waiting for the ping of the stupid test and I was hyperventilating.

Ping!

My head shot up and I shakily grabbed the test and peeked over it.

Positive.

Oh GOD! I folded my hands to stop them from shaking and went outside for the doctor to see. She was my last chance.

Maybe red means negative. I thought.

I handed her the test and waited for her. I sat on the chair shaking like a leaf and looked around the office. All babies photos, some smiling showing their dimples, some looking at their mothers with sparking eyes. I cannot help but feel warm and relaxed now.

“Miss Katharine, congratulations you are pregnant”

 I already know that. I mentally rolled my eyes.

“Oh!” was all I could say.

After setting our next appointment and all information she thought I may need. I left the hospital and went to my office, I entered the building and was greeted by my staff and went straight to my cabin and tossed my bag aside and sat on the chair with my head in my hands.

I remember the night of the party it all happened, I was drunk off my ass and somehow managed to be a one night stand of the arrogant ass face Xavier. He and I don’t mix up for several reasons. One being he was popular and I was not, second his dad and my dad were rivals in the business.

Could you imagine how embarrassing it was to wake up in his bead completely naked and hung over? Yeah! Not good. So the minute I got up. I left the place. What was I suppose to stay for breakfast?

Then I joined my dad’s business and he handed his position to me. And he took off for vacation. I know the best Dad. But the thing being I was prepared for it. He gave me a hard life to live so I can know how to cherish what I have and get.

What am I suppose to do now?

I can barely handle myself now a baby. But that was not the biggest question.

The biggest question was should I tell Xavier or not?  And how?

Hell I didn’t have his number. So rang my information office and asked to direct my call to his office. His sectary picked it up and asked me to wait and should I say she was really rude. Why? Because it’s not every day your rivals call. I was a matter of time he picked up.

“Hallo Xavier’s office”

“Hi, I am Katharine. Look I have no time and I really need to talk, it’s really urgent and it’s not about business. So...” I trailed off.

“Hum, interesting.” I rolled my eyes.

“Look its really important and I need to talk otherwise I wouldn’t have called you” I said through gritted teeth. Hey! Don’t blame me Hormones.

“Fine, okay sees in café at lunch. Okay!” and he hung up. Asshole cocky bastard. I angrily slammed the phone down and begin to work.

Time went in a blur and soon I was sitting in the café waiting for the majesty’s arrival. I was sitting my pants and he was arriving late. What he calls it? Ohm! Yeah fashionably late! Asshole!

The ding of the bell told me he has honored me with his presence.

He gracefully took a seat and eyed me. I rolled my eyes and took a quick sneak peek at his outfit. Black suite and crisp Wight shirt and jet black hair with penetrating grey eyes and a cocky smirk papered on his handsome face.

“Let me make it quick, you remember the graduation party” I said and watched his reaction he frowned and papered confuse and then DING!

“Ohm yeah! I remember every bit of it” and he scooted forward and my breath hitched and he smirked watching my reaction. I quickly composed myself and called the waiter and ordered. Yup! I have been eating constantly.

“Are you sure you can eat that much?” he asked a little bit surprised I narrowed my eyes at him

“I have my reasons to eat and I love food.” I said angrily and he raised his hands in surrender.

As our food came I dig into it and we ate in silence. If you ignore the sound of cutlery and slurping of our drinks. After finishing I was ready to drop the bomb and flee. I was so nerves that I thought I will throw up. I nearly did but made myself strong and looked him in the eye and begin.

“So, yeah about the reason why I called you. Do you know I was a virgin before that night?” I asked and he nodded before he could say anything I continued “so yeah….. Impregnate” I said in a hurry and waited for his reaction.

He looked confused. Obviously thinking what I said and his eyes widened and he grew pale.

“Are you sure?” he asked me and I nodded and sighed and looked at him for the answer of my last question which will change my life and his and the coming baby’s.

“Well you want to be in his/her life or not?” I looked straight in his eyes with a new found seriousness.

His expression changed from shocked to disgust.” You honestly thought I will believe you and your story. How am I supposed to know it’s the truth and you are not saying this for my company’s status? You cannot put this shit on me. Tsktsk! How low can you you get Kat? Saying some random guy’s baby is mine and you thought I was that stupid? You are pathetic. Putting a baby is business. Tsk tsk!” with that he threw the napkin and few bills and walked away.

I was so shocked just sitting there and processing what he said. Then it came down on me. The harsh words he said to me. How could he? That, that…

I chocked on a sob and then I realized I was crying and tears were running like waterfall. I was sitting immobile. I put a hand on my slightly swollen belly and rubbed slow circles on it. It calmed a bit down and I swore I will never let his words get me. And I will try my best to keep my baby away from him. But can I really take that right away from my baby? I don’t know for now. And now I have bigger things to think and worry rather than that. With that though I got up paid the bill and stepped on y new journey.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Another chapter  I know I am late. Sorry but vote and tell me how was it. J

Love,

Aliza.