the nightmare.

I was walking up an empty road. It stretched for miles and on each side long soft plains of golden sand beds was spread, few bushes here and there with no sign of life, water and it was scorching hot.

Heat that burned my skin wrapped around me like a blanket of fire causing sweat to pour out from every part of my body.

I was walking for what seem to be for days, searching for life, for someone to save me but in the end I ended up with a parched throat and crawling on the road and praying for this road to end.

I lay on the side of the road giving hope up and waiting for death to consume me.

Somehow I was unaware of my name, my identity and the reason I was on the road and I knew hope will take me no where so I did myself a favor by giving it up.

Far away I saw a pond and the hope that I squashed rose and urged me to move towards it, towards life.

I got up on my feet and moved towards it, wobbling and tripping. I was two steps away from it when my feet gave up and I landed in that pond that turned out to be a fast moving river, throwing me around like mocking my pathetic attempts and the crashing sound transformed into laughter and suddenly I was back in high school, clutching my books, like my lifeline, in my hand and looking at every one laughing at me. I was back into my old baggy clothes and round big glasses covering my face.

I looked around like a scarred kitten and watched every one throwing paper balls at me. I tried to dough as much as I could and failed multiple times, increasing their laughter.

Cameron was video recording the whole scene. I was just standing waiting for all of this to get over.

Xavier moved towards me while smirking and shook my shoulders. Suddenly the whole hallway started to shake and people started to disappear and laughter started to die, but Xavier shaking started to increase and he saying, no screaming something that I could not catch.

I frowned and tried to listen harder until I could make out what he was saying.

“Kat! Wake up.” I frowned and gave him a questioning look.

What did he mean by wake up?

Suddenly everything diapered as my eyes opened and I was blinded by light that was coming from and open window. I looked at Xavier who was looking at me with concern that covered his handsome face.

“Are you okay? You were shaking violently while sleeping.” He explained and looked sincerely worried. The whole nightmare played in my head like a scratchy video.

I hugged Xavier tightly, hoping I could escape the aftershocks of my nightmare and he hugged my back reassuringly. I took a shaky breath and breathe in his scent, which surprisingly calmed me down. He rubbed my back and kissed the side of my neck.

“It was nightmare, a very awful nightmare.” I murmured and laid my head on his warm shoulder.

I did not mention it was actually a memory that I so desperately wanted to escape.

“It’s okay, I am here. You are safe.” He said promising. I was shocked by his words and was drawn into the sincerity.

“I know” I spoke softly and breathed a deep breath.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, like figuring me out. I leaned in and touched my fore head with his.

“I am fine, I promise.” I said reassuring him and myself. I was fine, why wouldn’t I be, right?

“You sure?” he asked with his worried face etched with concern.

To make sure I leaned in and kissed his soft, warm and luscious lips. He grabbed the back o my neck and crushed his lips to mine more forcefully. He then kissed me hungrily and passionately. I sat straight on his lap and hocked my arms around his neck. I hocked my legs around his waist while he trailed his hands on my side massaging my side causing me to moan at the warmness and deliciousness. He then moved his hands from my hip bone to my bums and squeezed them slowly building up a teasingly slow sensation. I moaned again and buried my hands in his hair gripping them forcefully while tugging at the roots of his hair. He moaned and took the chance to plunge my tongue into his mouth.