unexpected

It’s been a month since Alex was born and things have been quite challenging. With me balancing uni and learning parenthood, it’s not simple. Adjusting can be a critical stage, and then things turn a little moderate.

As far as dad’s relationship is considered, I am quite happy with Lauren. She is great and a wonderful woman. Yes her name is Lauren. Well dad still calls her ‘hot nurse’, its not digestible if you ask me.

University is going smooth and due to pregnancy I had to take extra classes and finish uni before time. It’s hectic. But dad has helped a lot, ofcourse Lauren too has helped.

I have been working and helping dad. It’s pretty cool, learning about business and being in charge.

University is pretty cool too. I guess it’s easy for me because I was the top nerd in high school or maybe I can apply the things I study in practical.

Alex is growing day by day. His clothes are upgrading and his amount of food he consumes too. He has the cutest smile a person could ever imagine, showing his gums and drooling. With his twinkling grey eyes and jet black hair, chubby cheeks, feet, hands and arms. He is quite healthy and I couldn’t be happier. Who wants a skinny baby? Not me. And when he cries, God help me, he turns out to be so adorable, his face gets all red and he glares angrily at this quite small age. He pokes his little tongue out when he gets hungry and sucks his fingers. The sight is so adorable.

At the moment I am feeding him. He is lying in my lap and taking his food. I haven’t given him other milk than mine. I just don’t feel comfortable and cannot trust any product. I could feel his tinny hands on my breast for grip and swallowing sounds. It feels so unexplainable to clutch a small warm baby in your arms and neutering him.

He left my nipple and looked at me, with bright big grey orbs and smiled. I smiled back at him and he went back to filling his tummy. This tinny gesture filled me with warmth and unimaginable love. My eyes watered and few tears leaked from my eyes. They were tears of happiness that overflowed.

When did I get so lucky? I thought and lowered my head and kissed his temple and lingered my lips a little longer to make myself believe that he is real.

“I love you my baby” I whispered and rocked him a bit so he could sleep and sleep him did.

I laid him in his crib and watched him sleep peacefully.

 Ring, ring, ring.

Just sleep it will shut up.

Ring, ring, ring.

Ugghh fucking hell.

Ring, ring, rin-

“What?” I answered harshly and I was out for murder.

“Well, hello to you too Miss Happy” the person replied unaffected by my answer.

“What the hell Maggie, why are you calling me in the morning? I swear I will kill you and Ashwin if it’s about you fight.” I said in a promising tone.

Seriously they fight all the time, it is hilarious sometimes but now it’s annoying.

“We don’t fight the often.” She replied defensively and I am sure she will be rolling her eyes.

“Okay whatever, can you please tell me why you called?” I asked.

“Well it seems like you have been pretty busy with Alex and Christmas is near, so I planned a small dinner at my home at seven, With Alex. I miss that little guy a lot. Will that be okay?” she asked hopefully and I didn’t have a heart to say no.

“Okay fine we’ll be there at seven. And Maggie?”

“Yeah?”

“I missed you too. With a baby and uni, it’s not quite easy to live. You will get it once you become a mother.” I smiled and could imagine her face heat up.