triditions are fascinating

I put the long dangling earrings on and examined my attire.

I was wearing a long flowy langha that reached my feet. It was chiffon; small studs were studded on the lower part on a wide, size of a palm, strip of covering the end part of the langha. It was in a soft gold color and gave a wealthy feeling; the strip was made of velvety material and was hot pink. It made my skin glow and I didn’t even use any shimmer, I swear.

The upper stopped just were my ribs ended and was of same velvety material and was again hot pink. It was strapless leaving some of my cleavage on display, my not so flat stomach if I specify.

The pregnancy fat was just hanging for a little while before vanishing, giving me a slightly bloated belly. I am so thankful that I didn’t get any stretch marks, which would have been a nightmare, one of the downfalls of being pregnant.

I was wearing four inch pink stilettos and felt like bird taking its first flight. My strawberry blonde hair was straightened pin straight and reached my elbows.

I did not buy this, if you were wondering but Ashwin’s aunt, Shushmita, did. She said it was beautiful and most of the people dress that way.

I however was not comfortable in it. It was not my style and defiantly out of my comfort zone. I am not okay when I leave less to imagine for the other person.

Even, if the dress was absolutely beautiful.

My makeup was to its minimal; just some nude lipstick to go with the golden outfit and my normal mascara and winged liner.

In this outfit I sure as hell will keep my makeup as less as possible, otherwise it will look I am trying too hard.

I took a deep breath and went out in the search to find the bride, while picking up an excited Alex on my hip. He was wearing shorts and a cute ‘I love my mom’ T-shirt.

Just as I stepped outside I was greeted by stunned gaze of Cameron. He whistled and his mouth hung open.

“Damn” he said stunned and I rolled my eyes at him. I went back to continue my search.

He reached few hours before just for the wedding as he was Maggie’s cousin with her parents and some close relatives.

Indian wedding is longer than out weddings. They consist of Dholki, which we celebrated yesterday; it’s just a simple tradition where people dance on the beat of a drum. That particular drum is called Dholki and thus the name in extracted.

The second is mehandhi it’s just where we put henna on our hands with different and beautiful designs, which is today.

The third is the main wedding day where they finally are bonded together, in front of the God, in which they circle seven times around the fire and make seven most important promises of their lives and swear to fulfill them in all circumstances.

And then the reception.

So you see how beautiful and colorful and Indian wedding is; full of colors, music and unknown archaic traditions, which have meaning that could envelop anyone, there values leave an impact on every wandering soul.

“Why aren’t you ready?” I exclaimed as I entered the room where Maggie was sitting in a yellow sari. It was simple with sleeves that reached her elbows.  The pale yellow color matched her soft blonde hair and emphasized her tanned skin. She looked so innocent.

Alex has just made-up his mind to ditch me and play along with her new bestie, Neeha.

Why am I being so poetic? I have no idea.

And now I am talking to myself, perfect.

“It is considered as a bad omen for brides to wear makeup before the actual day, just like the one where a bride cannot see her groom.” She said, somewhat annoyed. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.