Meeting.

All the vitality from my face was gone. My legs started to shake a bit. After all this time I thought I was capable of facing him. But I am not. I thought I would be strong but I am clearly not, and this was proved when I took two steps back and tighten my hold on Alex.

 As a mothers instinct is to protect her child and I was protecting Alex, from Xavier’s rejection. I won’t be able to bear it.

But due to my miscalculating, the trolley was behind me and I lost my balance. My flexes kicked in and I moved Alex’s body in front of my chest and waited for the impact.

I felt two strong, warm and muscled arms caught me from falling. The snaked my waist and I was brought upright and crushed into hard muscled chest. I could the warmth radiating from him even the presence of Alex in between us could not stop it and I remembered the time he saved me in the hospital when I was pregnant.

“Open your eyes and breathe Kat.” His voice sounded worried and that when I realized I have closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and was instantly hit by his musky and manly sent. He smelt divine, where as I smelt like baby powder and lotion.

I opened my eyes and was instantly drawn into grey eyes, they penetrated my soul and I felt naked. I forgot to breathe due to our closeness and the way our body was intact together, even with Alex in between us.

Alex started squirming and shaking his arms. That brought me back and I pulled away. I put Alex on my hip and readjusted my and his clothes. I am sure I looked beat red and flushed. My mind took seconds to work normally again and I looked at him again.

He just stood there and looked at me and then Alex. Then the reality played it like a saved video in my mind and I took a deep breath.

I will not panic. I though determined.

“T-tank you” I shuttered. He nodded in response

“So this is your son, I presume.” He asked pointed towards Alex and somewhat unsure. I don’t know what might have caused that, but I shrugged it off.

“Yeah he is.” I said happily as I gazed over my handsome son dreamily.

“What’s his name.” he asked, why was he so interested about to know him all of a sudden?

I had no idea. But I wanted to find out. Maybe he is just being polite or just curious.

“Alex.” I answered proudly, but instantly felt dumb to give him name. What if he was now a pedophile?

“He is cute and chubb- healthy.” He corrected himself. I personally don’t mind if someone called him chubby or fat. I would be happy instead. I mean I want him to be fat.

At least he is not a pedo Kat. My subconscious remarked sarcastically.

Okay I am over thinking the scene. I admit now okay!

“Yeah, he is and I don’t mind if someone called him chubby, I’d rather be happy.” I smiled and Alex removed his hand, in which my shirt was fisted and extended his chubby arms towards Xavier and started shaking it and giggling, signaling he wanted him to pick him.

I was shocked to say, and Xavier married my expression.

“Um, can I?” he asked awkwardly with extended arms indicated he wanted to take Xavier.

I being the confuse person I am I gave him Alex, but was a little hesitant about it. “Sure”

He took him in his arms and carried him with ease. He bounced him a little and was rewarded with his heart warming giggle. I felt a heavy weight on my heart at that site.