Deal and Sealed.

“YOU CAN’T DO THAT” I heard Maggie scream at Ashwin. I was seated at their comfy couch waiting for her wrath to end.

Poor Ashwin. I thought, shaking my head.

“But please baby, I really can’t take care of a baby at my bachelor party.” Ashwin argued.

“But you promised you will take care of Alex when I go for shopping.” She reminded him and I could imagine her pout. Ashwin has a weak spot for puppy eyes and pouts. I know cliché. 

“Ugh! Fine. But I really can’t guarantee security.” Okay this is my cue to take matters in hands.

“Guys stop it! You both are getting married in a 2 weeks and stress is one thing you both have right now. How about you leave the shopping on me?” I said pointing towards Maggie.” In the mean time you both go out and do something romantic. Like burn candle and stuff.” I said and moved my hands to emphasize my damn point.

“But I promised you.” Maggie said, frowning. I know she is saying out of curtsey and I can also see she would really love to spend her time with her soon to husband. I can also feel the sexual tension between them and it’s nasty.

Just trust me.

“No problem! Besides shopping is really easy without you,” I said the last part with a smirk and Ashwin snickered from her side.

Maggie glared at him and looked at me with eyes that will put me six feet under the ground.

“Don’t you dare Kat” she warned. I raised my hand and made a peace sign.

“I come in peace. Seriously go out and have fun, but not too much fun.” I warned like a mother and Maggie grinned but I could see her blush. She looked at Ashwin his eyes filled with love and he returned the same love look. It made me jealous of her.

I quickly covered it up and picked up Alex who was crawling on the floor. Since he turned 8 months he has been crawling a lot, and he is faster than Lamborghini, I tell you.

I was out like bird freed from her cage. I turned up the radio once inside the car and settled. Eminem’s ‘rap-God’ came on. Seriously 6 minutes of only rap.

Amazing. I tried to rap on some part and Alex giggled and bounced on his seat.

It felt like one of that mom and son moment. I smiled and made goofy faces at Alex to who giggled and stuck his tongue out too.

Yup! He learned how to do that too.

A car beside me honked and startled me. I tuned my head, really fast and was surprised I did not get sprain.

And can you guess who was in that car?

Come on, any guesses.

What I did not hear you, say it loudly.

Yes you are right, or may be wrong. I really don’t know.

Xavier. Does not life love me? Note the sarcasm.

“Singing is a good hobby, but only if you can sing.” He said cockily with a smirk on his handsome face.

What? He is hot, don’t blame me. I am indeed a woman.

“And sex is safe only if you use protection. And it’s a hell of difference between rapping and singing.” I replied in mock cockiness and smiled sweetly.

“Oh! Low blow there cat. And now that I remember of it you are not good with blows.” He said with a whistle and smirked wider when he saw my reaction.

I glared at him and was blushing like a tomato.

Damn you sensitive skin.

“Hey! Baby on board” I warned and he chuckled. He then raised his hands in mock surrender and grinned.