airplane panic 2

“Madam you need to calm down” the Stuart of the plane said calmingly.

“How can I calm down? My baby is lost on this gianourmos plane you dimwit.” I exclaimed panicking.

Alex has been lost for fifteen minutes now. Can you believe me fifteen minutes? And these people are asking me to freaking calm down. I am hyperventilating. He is only nine, how could he get lost? More over how could he unbelted his own seat belts? It does not fit right.

“We are so sorry for the inconvenience but can you all kindly inform us if you find a night month old baby, with black hair and grey eyes.  Thank you” the flight’s attendant announced on the intercom. Whole airplane was asleep, well except me and Xavier.

“Kat don’t tell me that little devil managed to escape your paws.” Maggie emerged from the curtains that were drawn now, rubbing her eyes to make sleep go away.

I rushed over to her and hugged her. I could sense her surprise but she pulled me into her embrace immediately.

“Hey hey, we will find him honey, don’t worry.” She soothingly murmured and rubbed my back.

I shook my head and let the few tears escape from my eyes and prayed they went unnoticed by other.

“Please find my baby, please” I said shakily. My stomach was a zoo; I was so anxious and worried.

What if he somehow found his way to the fuel tank or got sucked by the flush in the toilet, he is small he will fit.

Maggie chuckled with others. It was then I realized I had said all my what if’s aloud.

I buried my face further more in her embrace to hide the blush that was caused due to embarrassment.

“Don’t worry he know what yucky is.” Maggie said and sat me on one of those air hostess seats. I was still shaking from my worry.

There were many noises which was Xavier asking if they found Alex or not and crew finding and discussing position.

The pilot was informed immediately and sounded a little nerves too. He kept saying he is alright and he is sure of it. I don’t know why but it felt odd, him sounding so sure.

“Why can’t you all find him yet? Please just see if you can find my baby, please.” I all but pleaded. I was so worried and lightheaded at the moment.

“Here drink this.” Xavier handed me a cup of juice and nagged the cup.

“I won’t be able to keep it down.” I murmured and send him a small smile which I am sure looked like a grimace.

“Come on Kat, we will find him soon. You know he can’t stay without her mother. Come on drink it up.” He shoved the cup in my hands and motioned to drink. I sighed and looked in the cup.

I can’t help but think how selfish I am being. My baby is out there unfed and I will drink a cup filled with juice.

I know it’s kind of overdramatic thinking but I can’t help it. It is just how a mother’s feelings are supposed to be. I was missing Alex and was worried sick. Tears welled up in my eyes and I could not keep them at bay. They slipped down my cheeks.

“Hey shush!” Xavier was by my side and picked me up and sat me on his lap. Taking the cup away. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and inhaled his sent. He smelled like nature and he calmed me down.  He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed small circles on my back.

It was sending small shocks throughout my body and I suppressed a shudder.

 Why was he affecting me in this way?